Could salvia actually be a gateway to another world??

Discussion in 'Salvia Divinorum' started by sacourtney07, Jan 25, 2008.

1. sacourtney07

sacourtney07 Member

So ive been reading all these posts about similar threads. I randomy came up with a scary and interesting thought. What if salvia really takes you to another dimension or world. So many people explain similar experiences (mario-like world, a being telling them they will never leave, feeling it is the actual world). Is it possible that salvia takes you to another dimension that is real. Maybe everyone that takes enough salvia actually goes to the same place. Maybe it shows you death or the afterlife. Anyway, it really sounds like a scary place.

Haha. Now im sitting here with the heeby fuckin jeebies. Really spooked out for some reason.
    What do you all think....

2. NorCaliGreenFiend

NorCaliGreenFiend Senior Member

maybe its a psychoactive deliriant that affects the kappa-opioid receptors. Maybe.

3. San remo red

San remo red Member

haha good one norcali

4. TheNightfly

TheNightfly Member

I don't think salvia really takes you anywhere. All it does is remove the boundaries of your perception, the false parameters your brain has been creating since you were born. I believe this because many salvia users have reported a feeling of "I've been here before", even when it's their first time using the plant. Everyone has been to salvia-land before, you just need to be reminded of it, it's the original consciousness.

5. NorCaliGreenFiend

NorCaliGreenFiend Senior Member

exactly. I know that deja vu feeling well, I get it on all hallucinogens. Rather than take you into another dimesion, it takes you deep inside your own mind. I dont really buy into the whole 'other worlds' concept, but I am fascinated by what drugs can make us see and understand about our minds. If you think about it, your mind is like its own dimension that only you experience. When you do salvia it transports you to another part of the same dimension which you never been to before.

6. shhh-.-rooms

shhh-.-rooms Member

I totally agree. But what about the after effects? Like I did 15x salvia like 5 times in a week over the summer and for the past few months iv'e been able to predict everything that's going to happen when i'm high on weed. Thes a lot of shit about salvia that I really don't get but interests the hell outta me.

7. Mr. Oblivious

Mr. Oblivious Member

It could be the conciousness that ypu had as a fetus, and maybe even before. Like you forget aas soon as your born but this takes you to a state where you are able to remember what it was like. And even if thats not the case, its still very mind opening

8. sacourtney07

sacourtney07 Member

haha i was fucked up when i wrote that last night. not quite sure what i was thinking with the whole alternate reality shit. seems a little too out there. but that stuff about the unconciouss mind is cool.

9. sitonassfnwitu

sitonassfnwitu Member

To see you talking about the unconscience mind now is going to cause me to lose mine. I am pleased to see you take a intrest in this besides just using the drug to get high.
    Where is this place? Why does it exist? The nightfly is right these are boundaries that can be easiely let go of with the least amount of substance and more power of the mind itself. Basically your first oxygenate breath was the welcome sign to this world. And that was all you needed intill that state of self aware. at what age do you think you became self aware? because you havent always interacted with the world around on your own. At what point did you come to be and know yourself?> These seem to be the questions you ask yourself ? ???? How did I become to be?
    When you close you eyes do you see anything in the darkness?
    Where do these lights lead to?
    If you seek the unconscience collective mind were all together in. Ill have to give you credit for using mind altering drugs for what they are intended for.

10. sacourtney07

sacourtney07 Member

yea i dont know why ive been thinking about this stuff alot. like being self aware. im just going to say everything ive thought about. i wonder sometimes are we just a sack of biological matter, a sack of biological matter that through infinite umprobable circumstances somehow created electric signals in the brain that make us think we are self aware (but our thoughts, memories, life are just chemical reactions in a piece of meat we cal the brain), or are we some kind of conciousness that is given a biological case to carry around for our physical life. When talking about the boundaries that were given for us in the physical world why cant they be broken. If evolution (or creation whatever) had changed one little thing how would our universe be different. From little things like recognition of emotion and thought, to out there shit like telekenisis, time travel, our minds would be completely free. Im not sure if salvia has any of these answers but you are right my intention is not to get high but to explore.

Another thing. Our bodies are cases for the brain, which is us. The brain needs the body to survive. But in reality, to think and be self aware, all we are is a brain. We dont even need any sensory input, no eyes, nose, ears, anything. If we were able to keep a brain alive (just the brain itself) it would be able to sit in gell and think and be self aware and be completely human. Scary thought, because if it were to be kept alive forever, it would be a conciouss mind in complete darkness from everything for eternity. How boring would that be.

So is it not impossible that we dont even need our bodies. Are we conciousness or chemical reactions. After life will we go on or will it be nothing without the brain.

And another completely rediculous sci fi thought i just had. Because all we are is a brain, what if the brain is an alien. Thousands of years ago this alien species was able to build a body (or better yet take it over). The aliens came to earth, found a bunch of biological mistakes wandering the earth(all living things). At that time humans were nothing but large organisms no more sentient than a single cell organism. They comandiered the bodies, or made them better, by giving them eyes, noses, ears and some things that would allow them sense the world around them. But they limited these biological creatures to this physical world, while there is something else much greater out there. We would never know.

Im gonna go smoke and think now. My mind is racing. Thanks for listening Peace

11. sacourtney07

sacourtney07 Member

and norcali. im aware it doesnt take you to some salvia world or something, its just a thought i felt like sharing. but what you said about it blocks receptors in the brain. and the stuff about how it brings you to an original conciousness. its like the brain was built to limit what we have in our physical minds. like the kappa-opioud receptors were designed to block true reality, but on salvia they dont work. like going back to our conciousness without the physical barrier of our bodies and the laws of this world. and shhhrooooms are you serious. thats pretty awesome if you can predict the future. (see, a physical boundary that was destroyed somehow for you).

12. ALeathalDose

ALeathalDose Member

Just wanted to comment and say that I found this thread very interesting.. 8)

13. .trippin..

.trippin.. Member

i find it hard to trip with others and also explor your inner because if im trying to explore my consiousness i tend not to talk outloud and just think to myself and ask myself questions about myself and picture things that ive done over time and i come to realisations that change me for the better but with others i tend to just enjoy the buzz and chill with my friends and appriciate them and appreciate life

both are very fun but the only time i actually had one of those inner trips was the first time i did shrooms my friend was barfing in the bathroom, he was fine he just was trying to end his buzz because he said he had this really uncomfortable feeling that he couldnt get away from but obviously the barfing didnt work because he was already tripping when he decided to go spew but ya i started to just think about things and i would get lost really deep in my thoughts, i pulled my self back to reality a couple of times because the thoughts were getting to be very overwhelming but once i peaked i felt this incredible euphoria that i've never felt before in my life. once he got back from the bathroom i told him about the crazy shit that just happend and we basically just chilled chainsmokin spliffs till the trip was over. quite the experience i'd have to say

i love psychedelics

14. Mr. Oblivious

Mr. Oblivious Member

When I'm alone and i use it, I start thinking really deep thoughts about meself and everything that im connected to, emotionally and shit. and its an eye opening experiance, but when im with a few friends it takes on a happier vibe, i dont go so deep but everything is more like a story or adventure that i can control. Like whtever i do/did earlier that day is coming back to me but not in reality but i can chage whatever happened and turn it into an epic adventure.
    IDK just some thoughts on that right there

15. In_limbo

In_limbo Member

No doubt Salvia transports you somewhere,
    this plant is out of this world...
    sure you arnt physically going anywhere...
    but mentally, you are living in another place and time.
    ive had trips where ive had whole a whole circle of friends and family which i'd known for years but somehow was unable to connect with them untill salvia opened that door.

shit. many times ive been to these places.
    many times ive died.

16. TerrenceLeary

TerrenceLeary Member

Theres a whole invisible world around us and psyhedelics in gereral are the "bridge" to the world. We need to spread this world. Its a world of peace and love. Keep salvia legal.

Peace im gonna smoke some cannabis

17. TONATIUH

TONATIUH Member

New to this forum hello every 1..great post, Ive been smoking salvia for about 4 years now and ive been trying to cut back because im noticing i can also control situations to..i put thoughts into ppl's heads or somthing i think the salvia is turning on something in our brainds..might sound crazzy but i know there are ppl that can realate sorry spellings bad.. i neeed feed back plz.

18. TONATIUH

TONATIUH Member

Can salvia open the door not only to that trapping place. but also open your mind and thoughts. have i changed realities so much i lost the one reality i was born into. i dont no but im lerning to manipulate these things; mental projection i think. IM new to the site, but i like what i see-:)

19. Astrolog

Astrolog Member

I smoked salvia in very low measurements for now. I just felt lighter (I think because my receptors were blocked) and felt easier. Yep, this might open the doors I agree. It might be very good catalyst. I said catalyst as this only that trigger that will fire up your spiritual experiance in great euphoria. You may found and realize that you have unmaterial body, your existence is extended and is not only attached to this body, which you must protect! as this responisibility was given to you. And other wisdom you might experience.

So you'll ask what is a base for feeling happiness of unity with other beings (I'm mean one person for a while - until the mistical euphory will fight the matery for a short period of time)?

I'll answer what was my:
    1) Dwell in spiritual place for a few days - hi spiritual aura will infiltrate you even if you will not be praying,
    2) Looking for people, you must be pure with your feelings, you need to find resolution for your loneliness with meeting few enthusiastic and spontanic people.
    3) Go with them to the place where the Earth powers (chakram) is, get the blessing from the outisde world (you will see that everything is filling you with happiness and you'll like to be spontaniously creative - just fool a round with others.
    4) We had one wine for 4 persons and had one some Gandża from person passing on the Planty in Krakow when our fellow said loudly: 'I wish to have some grass to smoke'.

What happened next, after a wine and smoke and fooling a round?

I born! I and I. There was no you, she, he, us even!!!! There was only I, so happy and high. I felt being in each of the four bodies! After a while the process of destruction has begun. I felt that I can leave the body and never come, but I was sorry for my body. Then telephaty started: we talk to each other listening when other talked. I was wisdom and energy transmission. Really I learned much more about nature of Energy that time.

I think .trippin.. that if your pal would be in the same state like you that time you might also experience unity.

Peace

20. Mr. Oblivious

Mr. Oblivious Member

Its hard to get the true experiance of Lady S. when you have a sober friend with you, especially if your talking to yourself or moving slightly while tripping, because they usually get nervous and "invade" you "world" and you dont get a true experiance.
    I find smoking alone, or with others who are also smoking can lead to better experiances.
    And with the group, its almost as if, there really is another "world" and youa ll go to it, because i have had several group trips where we have all gone and done EXACTLY the same thing. we shared the experiance and became closer (better friends *in the case of my gf its different we became closer on a more intimate level like we could somehow predict what the other was gonna say for a lil after the trip like we were still connected*) and we had deeper more lucid trips that encompased many lifetimes in the span of 10 or so minutes that we were tripping.

Also that "familiar voice" sounds like a smooth/sweet combination of all the people closest to me, comforting and reassuring. Yet also warning and protective. Wierd...

Another thing is, if/when you reach the 4th plateu and your with people dies the trip seem to become MORE lifelike than before, like your acctually seeing everything like its real life and not just a trip.
    (^has anyone else felt like that?^)

This is an interesting topic lets keep it going, Its like there are alternate realities that we cannot see. Almost like in MIB (Men In Black) Where they have the locker that contains a whole world, smaller than our own, and were just in a locker of a world bigger than our own, only that world is inside our minds.