Could I Get In Trouble For This?

Discussion in 'Opiates' started by polishman, Sep 17, 2014.

1. polishman

polishman Member

Okay,

First of all, I am on a 6 month probation where I don't have to report anywhere or do any kind of piss test, just not get arrested for 6 months.

The other day, I was out of cash, but had to hide my track marks on my arms before I came home.

I walked into a CVS, went into the makeup aisle, opened a jar of concealer, took a dab onto my finger shade was too light when I tested it, had to take the plastic "safety" wrapper off a second darker shade, dabbed it on my finger, noticed there was a monitor above me as if suggested "you are being watched on security camera"

I quickly walked out, went back to my vehicle smeared the concealer on the track marks on my arms, and lightly brushed some liquid band aid over it so that it would stay.

I made it out fine, nobody stopped me, and I didn't shop lift anything.

Should I worry about getting arrested or anything? I am worried because I am on probation.

2. r0llinstoned

r0llinstoned Gute Nacht, süßer Prinz

You're lookin at 25 to life for this.

2 people like this.
  3. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

if they didn't stop you on the way out, then you got away with it. even if they did look at the video later and see it, they have no idea who you are, so they have no idea where to look for you and for something so trivial it hardly seems worth the effort that they would post you face on the new, or place wanted posters with your face around town ...

but seriously, you should probably try to clean things up a bit .. don't get caught slippin' man

4. Chauncey_Gardiner

Chauncey_Gardiner Members

I wouldn't worry at this point, but in the future it would be wise not to open something you haven't bought.

5. BottleFED

BottleFED Member

Nor come on to a message board and recite the crime, lol!

1 person likes this.
  6. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

It's really hard to feel sympathy for you. I think everyone deserves sympathy, I don't think we should have drug laws, but it's still reaaaaallllly hard to think you deserve any better than you'll probably get.

You seem to have given up on life, basically. If this is how you handle your shit, it's as good as over. Can't waste my hope and emotion on people who don't want any better, can't help people who won't take help. I can individually say that shit's stupid every time you post about stupid shit, but if you're bent on destruction, it doesn't even matter if you take my advice, you're bound for that destruction, and efforts by others are wasted, you'll get there one way or another.

1 person likes this.
  7. happydude_60

happydude_60 Senior Member

Well, I guess removing a product safety seal would render the product unsellable, so even if you didn't steal it the store would be out the money for it. I guess they could technically charge you with damaging merchandise, but I wouldn't lose any sleep over it. I've worked retail in the past, and this sort of thing happens frequently. They probably have a claims dept. who will deduct this from their inventory. Just don't go back into the same store again, lol. No, it sounds like you have bigger things than this to worry about.

8. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

i think you're whole pattern of behavior is more to worry about than this one incident. a pattern of consistent reckless behavior, your slippin' man ..

1 person likes this.
  9. volunteer_tommy

volunteer_tommy Elongated Member

At the point where you dipped your finger into the concealer, you've as good as walked out with it. In fact, that would've been the smart thing to do, because now they can DNA test the jar you left behind, and they'll catch up to you real quick

That's your only problem in this whole situation

2 people like this.