Could Ghosts Be Alternate Reality Visitors?

Discussion in 'Weird, Bizarre and Mysterious' started by Jimbee68, Dec 2, 2018.

1. Jimbee68

Jimbee68 Member

Presently I don't believe in an afterlife. But I do find the subject of so-called ghosts very interesting. I mean, some of the stories are rather striking, and defy ordinary explanation.

So I have concocted a couple of theories of my own about what they could be. One idea, is they could be ET's. Or maybe from another dimension.

I know quantum physics talks about alternate realities. Could ghosts just be that. Visitors from an alternate universe? Makes about as much sense as anything else.

Could they be that? And while we're at it, does anyone have any other theories concerning them?

:smiley::smiley::smiley:

2. Running Horse

Running Horse A Buddha in hiding from himself

Close I think. I believe its a bleeding effect from alternate Earths.

3. REB?

REB? Members

the human sensory range is so small that if someone invisible is talking to you, not surprising.

4. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I've thought about this before

I used to think about parallel universes a lot, and the concept of time.

Maybe parallel universes are not really alternate realities but rather, the stimultaneous occurence of time. All that has ever happened, is happening, and will ever happen is happening at the same time

And sometimes they bleed into each other

I have never really believed in ghosts, even as a kid, but I had some weird experiences at a revolutionary war battleground...I used to go and hike around, camp there a lot. And it was always bizarre

And thats the explanation I came up with.

But I was tripping mushrooms a good bit back then too so take it with a grain of salt

guerillabedlam and Driftrue like this.
  5. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

I don't know if this is an answer to your question, OP, but it is a little story from the childhood of youfreeme:

When I was a kid I used to visit a certain friends house and I would become filled with dread and a surreal sense of doom whenever I spent time there. Eventually, the house become so aversive to me that I would try not to cry as I walked there or was dropped off.

Anyway, while being dropped off there one day I told my mom how the house made me feel and she stated, as if it were the most obvious thing in the world: "Well, at the end of her street there is a portal to another dimension. I can see creatures crawling in and out of the portal. They are probably living in the house. You are just sensitive to them."

And then preceded to drop me off and drive away.

Scariest sleep over ever.

6. Meliai

Meliai Banned

LOL damn.

7. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

so, was she serious or just fucking with you?

8. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

Oh, she was serious. She is/was a paranormal investigator/medium. Not saying that she is necessarily legit, but she truly believes she is.

9. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

Sounds like something I would say to my kids....I think it's best for everyone that I dont have any.

themnax likes this.
  10. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i wonder if i could pass through one of those portals she refered to.
    i would be hoping to find either a world with better public transportation, or one where teleportation was a real thing and i could.