Coughing?

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by Spastic_Monkey, Jan 29, 2005.

1. Spastic_Monkey

Spastic_Monkey Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I don't consider myself a noob to smoking, but I don't consider myself a stoner either, but yeah, on to the question....I was told that the more you cough, the higher you get, is this true?

2. Sycth

Sycth Member

i heard its b/c you open up air more "fresh" air pockets in your lungs or something... not sure if its true

3. LivingLegends

LivingLegends Senior Member

4. BudBomb7

BudBomb7 Member

i have no clue...it is widely debated. i know back when i was a noob i always coughed on my first hit of the bowl and my eyes would get so damn red and id immediately get a buzz but now i dont cough anymore cuz my lungs are used to the smoke i guess.

5. LivingLegends

LivingLegends Senior Member

6. WeeDMaN

WeeDMaN a pothead

put it this way, when you cough up a huge hoot, u know ull get high.

7. blckra1n

blckra1n Member

probably is true because I only cough if I take a really big hit.. and the bigger the hit the higher u get right?... idk

8. snelio37

snelio37 Member

*ahem*
    coughing opens up alevoli and squeezes Carbon Dioxide out of them, allowing for easier passage of oxygen or whatever is entering your lungs into the bloodstream. more open alevoli=better absorption=better efficiency per hit.

9. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

Coughing opens up your lungs.
    It is possible that it can help you, but if you cough too much it will just keep you from getting high.

10. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

umm has anyone considered the fact that when you cough, your lungs are doing their best to remove the smoke inside them. not only do they push carbon dioxing out, they first and formost push all the smoke out. otherwise coughing would be a pretty useless natural reflex dont you think?

as said, its probably more that most people cough on big hits, and big hits get you big high.

oh but if your a regular smoker particularly of tobacco, your lungs may have mucus inthem n stuff so coughing helps move that around. some theores are that thc is cought in this mucus and so coughing lets you get high off that, but i dont buy it

11. redbarcheta

redbarcheta Member

Based on my knowledge, I would say coughing gets you higher, I have been trying various lung exersizes when I take hits like trying to inhale with my mouth closed so that my lungs try their hardest to get oxygen but I would say thats just something a stoner would do and probably wouldnt really work.

12. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

I don't know if anyone else has or even can do this but, I pump my lungs making the air and smoke circulate. It helps me a lot.

13. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

I always seem to catch a buzz way quick if im hackin my lungs out.... maybe its just from the lack of oxygen from hackin and all the blood vessels in my head ready to explode... but i definately feel higher after coughing up a lung or two

14. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

in the end, it doesnt matter if it works or not. try it yourself. if you feel like youve got higher, be it from coughing or from placebo, it doesnt matter if your actually higher, if you feel higher then all the better!

15. smiley420

smiley420 Member

cough to get off...........