Cosmic Schrodinger's Cat

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by wooleeheron, Mar 16, 2018.

1. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

Allan Watts was the first person in the west to popularize the metaphor of "God plays peek-a-boo". Unfortunately, he was a mainstream white bread academic with a stunted sense of humor and a head full of romantic ideals. None can see the back of their own head clearly without using at least a mirror, and the idea that anyone comprehends the universe is just more of God playing peek-a-boo. The pies-in-the-face never stop coming, because it is up to us to decide if they are pies or not. So, instead, Taoists stress the novelty of each moment, as if God were merely dancing spontaneously, and we are all re-learning how to dance along and to embrace the new.

Personally, I couldn't give a shit about such things. Mother Nature offered me enlightenment twice and I turned her down both times. Even the Taoists have never done what I am doing and, without the systems logic, humanity might as well all be fish flopping around helplessly in the sand and the entire world is doomed. Sure, we'll figure it out eventually, but at the cost of endlessly suffering, death, and destruction. I'm not waiting to go to either heaven or hell when, for so many of us, hell is right here and now on earth, and heaven is rapidly vanishing. Without the ability to raise ourselves up out of our own collective hell, heaven has no meaning. Novelty for novelty's own sake is nothing more than self-stimulation, while the recursion is collapsing and the time has come to speak the words that must be spoken. To bridge the exact sciences and spirituality in a self-consistent, demonstrable, and non-trivial manner that will awaken the dreamers.

Ironically, my intentions have little to do with anything. Mother nature never gave me any real choice in the matter, from day one, because my karmic debts must be paid and, sometimes, you just have to bite the bullet and do what needs to be done. When you learn nature's language, it becomes more obvious what your choices are, and I have no real alternatives. But, I do enjoy my work and, once in a blue moon, I come across a kindred spirit who has some clue as to how I see the world.

Making you paying off debts you don't even know exist and laughing it all off as a pretense, is why mother nature can be a bitch. All too often, the equivalent of a two year old, that you just have to learn how to deal with.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2018
  2. egger

egger Member

Mountain Valley Wolf likes this.
  3. wooleeheron

Wow, thanks. That's some heavy shit and, believe it or not, I think its related to the Schrodinger equation requiring a paradoxical expansion that resembles Boyle's Law and can account for how energy and information exchange identities. A black provides the least accessible information possible and, in vast empty regions of space, is even colder than the surrounding space with its temperature being proportional to the event horizon. When matter and energy are introduced into a giant black hole at the center of a galaxy information and energy exchange identities, very much in the same manner as particle-wave duality. Spread out the particles contain more entropy, or information, with the black hole representing reality, and the dark matter halo the dream that requires reality for greater meaning. In other words, the dark matter halo around a galaxy can be compared to the big bang repeating, while the black hole is the big crunch. That means they can provide a geometric or scalar way to bridge information and energy in thermodynamics, by treating time as what's missing from this picture.

Basically, Boyle did not account for the container itself as representing the greater context which lends its contents more meaning. Singularity physics always bored me, but its the simple shit that always gets you. I need a good metaphor for the container determining its own contents.

Mountain Valley Wolf likes this.
  4. Wow heron you are the best guy like ever.

5. wooleeheron

Stubborn is more like it! I decided when I was three that people were nuts, and I would have figure this one out for myself. Discovering hippies was the first real proof that I was not alone in my assessment, and other people were seriously attempting to figure it out alternatives! None of us seemed to have a real clue what that might be, but merely dwelling on the idea it does not exist was not productive. My brain damage made me perfect for scanning all the data, gathering, and collating it, like a mindless office drone! Being mindless and stupid and wasting time writing crappy poetry, I have found the way forward! Never underestimate the power of our stupid poetry!

6. wooleeheron

'Strange metals' just got stranger - Florida State University News

Here's another oddball finding that just cropped up, with researchers discovering what appears to be a mysterious second current inside a superconductor. My own belief is the superconductivity is the result of the low temperatures and specific context of the material, resulting time vanishing for the electrons, and their behaving more like charged photons with mass that never speed or slows down. So time doesn't pass for the electron particles at all, and is instead expressed in the second current as waves or particles that move faster than light. That's a guess, and it would mean you can only infer they move faster than light.

The halo around the galaxy is being swallowed by dark energy, because it express the same current flowing into the galactic black hole, but in reverse, like a white hole. Straight down the rabbit hole, becomes all around the mulberry bush, while everything just becomes fuzzier the closer you examine the black hole or the halo, which defines our mortal fallibility.

7. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Huh, I always thought Watts was pretty anti establishment. I believe Aldous Huxley preceded Watts.

8. wooleeheron

Watts was a white bread liberal academic, who studied Zen for a long time and did a good job describing Asian philosophy in a very abstract intellectual manner. Zen and Buddhism are incredibly adaptable to academia and mainstream societies. We hear about people like Huxley and Watts, not because they are ground breaking, but because they are among the first to successfully introduce such foreign ideas. It was really the beatniks and hippies that actually explored what Asian thought meant to them personally, and not as some sort of acceptable mainstream idea.

Note, that the mainstream in the US often asks where all the hippies have gone, because they literally don't even see hippies as people, just curiosities not even really worth studying or learning much about. Part of my hope with my book is to put hippies on the mainstream map again, because I believe hippies have more to offer than academics. Taoists often say that it is a lifestyle and not a religion or intellectual exercise, and hippies could use a little help turning what they've learned over the decades into a thriving culture. Change is coming soon, and we would all do well to prepare ourselves to do what must done to heal the world.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2018
  9. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

[​IMG]

McFuddy, wooleeheron and Tyrsonswood like this.
  10. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Oi, oi, oi oi oi oi

Boyles law? One of the most simplest equations in chemistry, which is really just newtons second law

Cough cough

11. egger

egger Member

12. wooleeheron

Exactly what I needed! Modern Chinese is different, but ancient Chinese has no verb "to be", no real concept of "it" or "thing". To the ancient Chinese, the entire world was alive and growing and maturing and collectively determining its own reality and dream. A table was always becoming something else. The isolated Native American tribes in the southwest desert, like the Hopi, had similar languages which could not describe things such as "The clouds are coming". From my own work, I suspect they were describing those things contextually, with the punch line to a joke being an example of how humble references to the greater context can convey more information faster.

I'm still working on this, but think of it as a spectrum from high to low, with the more humble we become, the more sensitive we become to distinctions within the spectrum. Our brain compares brain waves which convey surprisingly little information when viewed as merely conveying content to any specific part of the brain, but they are waves and must make more sense when viewed from the perspective of the human body and mind express one big wave. A possibility, is we can think of ourselves as soliton waves, which are rouge waves on the ocean that don't diminish over time and maintain their height for hundreds of miles. Its like they have a tubular wave under the rouge wave, that props it up. The wave expresses the resilience of a complex system and whether you want to call the wave a wave or an amplifier, is context dependent. Imagine a rogue wave in a wave pool, were the water flows under the rogue wave, and the wave just appears to stand still, because it is standing still relative to the observer. The wave can be considered an amplifier in such cases, because it is neither moving nor diminishing and can literally be used to amply waves in the wave pool. Which is the context and which is the content, becomes context dependent and the observer can play a subtle role, because the wave is literally constantly exchanging its identity with the pool, but that is hidden to a great extent, under the water out of sight.

Resilient systems can display cascade effects, like a landslide, so all these types of rudimentary motion I'm describing can all be described using the same system of liquids, which include sound waves because air is basically a liquid. By connecting sound waves and music with quantum mechanics my poetry will swing like a rock star and describe how geometry and dynamics exchange identities. Water was also Chaung Tzu's favorite metaphor for the Tao and his philosophy is integral to mine, with it simply being more practical to describe nature in terms of waves. However, Lao Tzu used children, and I combine both as equally as I can in my poetry. Its the nonlinear temporal dynamics that I should be able to simplify down to four root metaphors a child can comprehend. Boyle's Law and the Golden Ratio fit in there somehow to describe how information and energy exchange identities in 3 dimensions from a human perspective. The overall logic of this is related to the ancient concept of Chi and Constructal Theory used to describe the second law of thermodynamics.

Heat, I suspect, is how the universe makes the arrow of time appear more regular and uniform. It normalizes the synergy of the universe to produce our local reality.

13. This is all in need of some serious simplification, especially for you, woo, if you're writing a book that you want to put hippies on the map. What is written in this thread is almost unreadable, especially to a layman. It's like, profound things are being said in such a convoluted way as to appear palatable. I suppose it's all right if you get taken seriously by scientists, but no layman is going to sit through this gobbletygook.

Somebody just tell me what you're trying to say in the most sensational way possible, please.

MeAgain likes this.
  14. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Sounds like some really good acid, man.

15. wooleeheron

I am perfectly well aware that most people cannot comprehend me. My blessing and curse is that nobody understands me really, even though I speak plain English. Mother Nature decides who can comprehend anything I say or write, and its depressing at times frankly.

But, like I said, all this can theoretically be simplified down into the story of Goldilocks attempting to determine what is good and bad, by first trying to get in touch with her own feelings. In the story, Goldilocks learned her lesson the hard way, which is how she learned to just say no to herself. She is your unconscious mind which merely plays with the conscious mind like a toddler who doesn't really make distinctions between good and bad, and relies on adults to prevent them from running out in the street. From there, you have to add in the nonlinear temporal dynamics, which would be some sort of simple variation on the theme of Goldilocks, the Emperor's New Cloths, and the Tower of Babel.

At least, that's what it looks like to me. The humor of the toddler is the hardest to master, because the observer is the toddler and the Ugly Duckling can only accept that it is, in reality, the Swan. But its not magic, if the Ugly Duckling see the truth before it grows up and an Ugly Duckling that knows it is a swan, is a contradiction. In the story, the Ugly Duckling is adopted and his environment supports his continuing development, to the point where he finally lives out his destiny as the swan. In a Goldilocks universe, every story has a happy ending.

Trust me, it never crossed my mind to describe modern physics in terms of Goldilocks and the Emperor's New Cloths, but you work with what you have.

16. wooleeheron

Actually, its enlightenment. Several times in my life, starting when I was five years old, mama showed what it meant to be enlightened. The Wizard of Oz is closer to the reality of the collective unconscious. Sometimes I walk between worlds and watch the entire world change around me, because my karma keeps changing. The magical side of life has never meant much to me, and I still refuse to bow down to a mystery if the story can finally be told and the magical spell can be broken.

Mama showed me everything I needed to know, over my entire life, including rare optical illusions that I never attempted to find. I've had ecstatic moments and experiences that all contribute to my poetry, and I don't actually trip like an ordinary person. I don't see colors or streamers or anything like that, but it can be a very spiritual experience for me. She made sure I could write this book, if that's what I wanted. When the time came, she offered me what I thought was an impossible dream, and gave me no choice in the matter. Either I took fame and fortune, which I really cannot see the attraction people, or this.

About the only luxury this old boy needs is a good joint and a guitar!

17. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

....or.....its complete garbage, at least on the physics front it is

18. wooleeheron

"If a tree falls in the forest and nobody is around to hear it, does it make a sound?" The question is related to Mach's Conjecture, which postulates an underlying profound unity in nature. From my point of view, as a Taoist, the past is fated, the future is yet a dream, while in the present moment, change is the only constant. In other words, what is fated and what is random become context dependent and the arrow of time can be considered a convenient fiction of the conscious mind, while the unconscious can perceive more of how the greater context, or miracle of life, paradoxically determines its own content. What all that boils down to, is that shapes have no demonstrable meaning outside of the context of an observer to give them meaning, because we must decide for ourselves what is meaningful and what is random or fated.

Close to the tree, you can hear the reality of the sound it makes, because you are helping to create your own local reality. From far away, the other side of universe is unreachable at the speed of light, but we can still infer it is there because of its gravitational influence, as if it represented the dream of the collective unconscious still lingering. Jump off the Empire State building, and you have paradoxically surrendered almost all your free will to gravity, which can resemble a nightmare reality up close and personal to a black hole. From the simplest cartoonish perspective a Goldilocks principle applies to everything, including the passage of time, but mother nature is mindless, and the conscious mind's job is to stop Goldilocks, or the collective unconscious, from running out in the street. What connects the conscious mind to the unconscious, is that nature demands a significant amount of authenticity. When we no longer make distinctions between who we are and what we are doing, we become the masters of time.

Thus, Socratic wisdom and Taoism can span both eastern and western traditions, providing a theory of everything and natural philosohy, that can be easily proven with empirical evidence, because the observer themselves changes along with the context. The Simultaneity Paradox expresses how entropy appears to transform into syntropy over vast scales, obeying a supersymmetric fractal recursion, or Goldilocks, who is the alternative to classical logic, from which classical logic is derived.

19. egger

egger Member

Batygin's work sounds similar to the classic particle in a box homework assignment. Even though Batygin's work concerns an object of very large size, it was modeled as a continuum with spatial boundaries placed upon it, similar to a guitar string with endpoints or an electron placed in a potential well of a particular length. It's not unexpected that it would yield a wave equation.

Massive astrophysical objects governed by subatomic equation: The Schrödinger Equation makes an unlikely appearance at the astronomical scale

excerpt from the article:

"Batygin's work suggests that large-scale warps in astrophysical disks behave similarly to particles, and the propagation of warps within the disk material can be described by the same mathematics used to describe the behavior of a single quantum particle if it were bouncing back and forth between the inner and outer edges of the disk.

"Fundamentally, the Schrödinger Equation governs the evolution of wave-like disturbances." says Batygin. "In a sense, the waves that represent the warps and lopsidedness of astrophysical disks are not too different from the waves on a vibrating string, which are themselves not too different from the motion of a quantum particle in a box. In retrospect, it seems like an obvious connection, but it's exciting to begin to uncover the mathematical backbone behind this reciprocity.""

20. egger

egger Member