Correlation between poor eyesite and red eyes after tokin'?

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by gratefulvegan, Apr 17, 2007.

1. gratefulvegan

gratefulvegan Member

Hey all. This is simply a theory i have...not sure if its true or not- id just like to see if its completely off.

Theory: People who wear glasses/have poor eyesite are more likely to have red eyes after toking.

Basis: The 4 people i know who'se eyes do not get red at all after toking all have great eyesight. My brother, me and other folx i know who wear glasses/have horrible eyesight get either red or EXTREMELY red eyes. My eyesight is also probably one of the worst ive come across and my eyes become so red after tokin' that it's almost unbelievable- something out of a horror movie really.

Anyway- i'd like to test this theory, so basically respond first by answering the question, and then u can go on to explain/rant/criticise me .Just answer something like:

My eyes get red/I wear glasses.

and then explain or ellaborate if you want.

tank ya

2. VileKyle

VileKyle Member

I get puffy eyes, for the most part not completly red, I don't wear glasses.

3. katyismename

katyismename Member

my eyesite is shit, i'm short sighted. after smoking my eyes go really red as well.

4. bbbeccaaa

bbbeccaaa 12345678910

I have horrible eyesight and my eyes get red most of the time.

5. CrazedPotHead

CrazedPotHead Member

yeah i have shit eyesight and my eye's get pretty red

6. 40oz and chronic

40oz and chronic 'Nuff Said

i have 15-20 eyesight(i can see very small writing far away) and my eyes get blood red.

7. Snyfin

Snyfin surfing the astral plane

O Rly

8. 40oz and chronic

40oz and chronic 'Nuff Said

must...not...post...owl...picture...........*cringe*

9. Parkman

Parkman Member

i have 20-40 and it takes me a full night of blazing to have red eyes, after a blunt with a few people my eyes will be fine.

10. 420fuchs

420fuchs speaks the truth.

My eyesight is perfect, sometimes my eyes get as red as apples, sometimes, they get puffy, but they ALWAYS get chinky.

11. natural philosophy

natural philosophy bitchass sexual chocolate

my eyesight's great and they usually dont get that red

12. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

there is probably no correlation in general, but some specific types of eye problems can be caused by pressure issues and inflamed eyes. these can be exasperated or corrected in teh short term by cannabis.

13. Eugene

Eugene Senior Member

i wear glasses and i don't get red eyes (not very often anymore, unless it's some unusually good pot).

14. BudBill

BudBill Dark Helmet

No glasses - red eyes here.

15. PurpleGel

PurpleGel Senior Member

yeah, this one's BUSTED. there's no correlation except with very, very few exceptions, as StonerBill alluded to. but bad eyesight (particularly in young people) is not usually the result of pressure problems; it's more likely to be because of funky-shaped corneas.

anyway, the human eye is full of blood vessels and these will expand from THC ingestion whether your eyes are "good" or not!

16. GratefulFloyd

GratefulFloyd Nowhere to fly to

I've got stellar eyesight, my eyes get as red as any other...

17. joe07735

joe07735 Member

The answer while partly genetic is also largely hydration levels. In essence drink at least 1gal of water a day and you will rarely (for the most part) get bloodshot eyes.

18. wonderboy

wonderboy the secret of your power!

my eyes are pretty crappy, and usually get pretty red after i smoke... droopy too. depends though... sometimes they don't get red at all. maybe it has to do with the situation as well? amount of light coming into your eye, if your eyes are straining or something? i also find that when i smoke everything is just a little bit out of focus.. at least it seems like that sometimes

19. darkain

darkain Member

I get very red eyes. I don't have glasses or need them either.

20. MVerlie

MVerlie Member

I have retardedly great eye sight but my eyes get worse than anyone else I know.

G_G