Coronavirus concerns?

Discussion in 'Rainbow Family' started by newo, Mar 8, 2020.

1. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Yes I'm also tired of talking about the coronavirus but I feel this should be addressed. I've been to 2 gatherings, in 2016 & 2017 and each time I came back with a summer cold. And in 2017 there was a stomach bug that ravaged the gathering! Let's face it, it's not just the spirit of goodwill that's contagious at Rainbow Gatherings. And now with coronavirus spreading so fast I'm concerned people could catch it there. Hopefully the hot weather will cause the virus to subside like it generally does to flu bugs, but we don't know if it will. I'm wondering what the people organizing it are doing to fight the spread of it?

Tishomingo likes this.
  2. Ajay0

Ajay0 Guest

Yes, I think if we can hold on till summer, the virus will subside and be controlled better.

I think people can also focus on increasing their immunity. I am personally taking herbal and ayurvedic medicines for better immunity and for preempting any flus or colds. Yoga, meditation helps to lower stress hormones that reduce the effectiveness of the immune system.

Same goes for reiki, pranic healing,tai chi and other alternative healing practices which one can do in the privacy of your home to boost immunity levels.

3. newo

Working to increase your immunity is all well and good, in fact I've been increasing my intake of vitamin C to help boost it. But thousands of people attend the gathering each year and you can't expect them all to do likewise.

We must encourage people to bring hand sanitizer to help avoid the spread, assuming it's not sold out by then. Try to discourage them from smoking pot with strangers while there, yes I know that will be difficult. Perhaps some medicated lip balm will keep it from transmitting. Try to get people to do what they can to stay healthy and safe.

Tishomingo likes this.
  4. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

But nobody knows this. To me, this is in the same category of behavior as those evangelicals who are still holding mass religious gatherings in the expectation that their faith will protect them from the virus. Rainbow gatherers face a couple of challenges this year: coping with the virus under circumstances that make social distancing impossible; and coping with the locals, who may resent a bunch of hippies from all parts of the country descending on them during a pandemic.Not to mention the folks in their home states when the hippies return from socializing in Idaho. Let's hope the virus is under control by then!

The Rainbow Family has no centralized leadership, but we do have focalizers and elders who organize the thing. I hope they're addressing the real possibility that Covid-19 may still be a thing in July.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2020
    Ajay0 likes this.
  5. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

Spring Council meets on the land in early June in a high and lonesome place . That's it .
    See what happens . Projected anxiety should have no relation to Rainbow Warrior spirit .

6. newo

7. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Lifetime Supporter

2022… who knew we’d still be concerned.
    Colorado is a spot with the new (as on May 2022) variant.

if you are vaccine inclined, and given the impact of this on others, I hope you are, Colorado metro areas have plenty of shots. And tests. Please get tested inbound and out. Get ‘em in clinic, or off the web, but know your status and protect the Family.

don’t be the source of more bad press.

Piobaire likes this.