Cool YOGA dreamlet that I had

Discussion in 'Dreams' started by peacefuljeffrey, Jan 24, 2005.

1. peacefuljeffrey

peacefuljeffrey Senior Member

Earlier today I took a nap and dreamed that I could do this really extreme yoga pose! It was really cool, and felt super-realistic.

I've been taking yoga lessons for free at work for two weeks (once a week), and I like it a lot and plan to stick with it.

In the dream, I was able to stand on my right foot, lift my left foot behind me, and reach both hands over my head behind me and grab my left foot by the big toe. Then I was able to pull it very far forward to the point where I could see my foot! Then I got the idea to try to touch my big toe to my nose -- I thought that would be funny and cool to be able to do. Well, when I tried to relax and breathe and stretch just that much more, I felt the tension get too painful to continue, all the way down my torso, quadricep, and the muscles and tendons in my foot. I had to abandon the effort, but I realized that with a little more practice I would soon be able to reach my toe to my nose. During the attempt in the dream, the yoga instructor was there seeing me try, and encouraging me. We were both amazed at my innate ability to do this! LOL -- but I can't do anything near that in real life! :p

-Jeffrey