Cool or useful apps (mobile)

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by deviate, Sep 22, 2013.

1. deviate

deviate Senior Member

I just got this app on my iphone called Bill Minder. It lets you input bills, recurring or otherwise and breaks it down into reminders like due within 30 days, due within 1 week, etc.

You can also look at reports and track your expenses.

Very useful to me because I am not the best at managing bills. I never pay anything late that is on my credit report but all the other stuff I forget until they threaten to cut service.

This is part of a larger scheme to get my life more organized.

Anyone have any good apps?

2. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

I'm kind of an app minimalist. I don't like a lot of them clogging up my screen. So, just the basics. I'm open to suggestions though.

3. deviate

deviate Senior Member

I'm the same way, but this one is worth having.

I don't understand it when people have like 5 screens of useless, stupidass apps.

4. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

I recently downloaded an app which is basically a timer I use for interval training. It's called 'Bike Interval Clock'. It's pretty simple, but comes in handy since the electronic readout doesn't work on the exercise bike at work.

5. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

Oh, I've been meaning to try interval training but then I just don't.

That reminds me...I used to like mapmyrun! If you're into that sort of thing.

6. Deranged

Deranged Senor Member

i like the flashlight app that turns your phone's camera flash into a flashlight. works way better than my crappy old phone's white screen

7. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

ive got this awesome app that lets me dial numbers and talk to people

its the only app i use

8. *MAMA*

*MAMA* Perfectly Imperfect

I use the food planner app to plan out my weekly menus and shopping lists. The nike running app, pandora, and tapatalk are the other most used on my phone.

9. Arlandis

Arlandis Visitor

get Grindr

10. lode

lode Banned

I'm writing an app, so I'll be posting here in like two months when It's ready.

I've got a Miller weld app that I use at work when I pracitce mig welding, let's me know what speed and current I should adjust the welder to. It's pretty cool. :biggrin:

11. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

ummm Robot Unicorn Attack 2

12. odonII

odonII O

My added app's: ebay,Instagram,Paypal,QRCodeScanner,WhatsApp,NatWest,Scanlife (another QR scanner) and Facebook...

I'm looking for some good app's too...

13. odonII

odonII O

What wil...should it do?

14. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

I have a shitload of apps, most of which I hardly ever or never use. I am such a nerd.

15. odonII

odonII O

Evernote:

Description
    Evernote is an easy-to-use, free app that helps you remember everything across all of the devices you use. Stay organized, save your ideas and improve productivity. Evernote lets you take notes, capture photos, create to-do lists, record voice reminders--and makes these notes completely searchable, whether you are at home, at work, or on the go.

New York Times ‘Top 10 Must-Have App’, Winner: TechCrunch Crunchies, Mashable Awards and the Webbys.

Key Features:
    • Sync all of your notes across the computers and devices you use
    • Create and edit text notes, to-dos and task lists
    • Save, sync and share files
    • Record voice and audio notes
    • Search for text inside images
    • Organize notes by notebooks and tags
    • Email notes and save tweets to your Evernote account
    • Connect Evernote to other apps and products you use
    • Share notes with friends and colleagues via Facebook and Twitter
    • Works with Evernote Business: Capture, browse, search, and share Business Notes and Business Notebooks from your iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch.
    ◦ Premium feature: take notebooks offline to access them anytime
    ◦ Premium feature: allow others to edit your notebooks
    ◦ Premium feature: add a PIN lock to your Evernote app

LastPass lets you quickly log into all of your accounts and fill out forms with your data. Your data is available even when you are offline.

Price: free

Flipboard is the perfect way to ingest news in all of your different interest areas. Keep up on everything that's happening with this app.

Flipboard offers select content from top publishers in news media and organizes them and adjusts them for mobile viewing on your iPhone or iPad.

Price: free

16. Lodog

Lodog ¿

Haha. I just got a IPhone and just the basic shit I can do on it still impress me.

17. LetLovinTakeHold

LetLovinTakeHold Cuz it will if you let it

Bandsintown

It syncs with my phones music library, and recommends local concerts to go to. Especially helpful when wanting to catch a show when in an unfamiliar town on other business.

It's pretty badass

18. odonII

odonII O

Useful app's...

19. Meliai

Meliai Banned

my smart phone broke so I went back to my old phone, which is technically a smart phone but its an earlier windows smart phone so it suuucks...I can't even get the app store to load.

I think I mainly used music and recipe apps on my android phone.

20. LetLovinTakeHold

LetLovinTakeHold Cuz it will if you let it

I just got home from a beer meat. A small group of brewers and beer enthusiasts get together for a beer tasting accompanied by venison and bacon chilly. Someone brought up an app that listed all microbreweries and distilleries near you. He plans his road trips and other travels so that he can bring home the most obscure beers he could find.