Cool LEGAL herbs?

Discussion in 'Drug Chemistry' started by raisinflames, Oct 13, 2012.

1. raisinflames

raisinflames Guest

Ok, so I'm all into herbal extractions, combinations, preparation, etc. I know that there are sites like bbb that have all the COOL herbals, but for now I do not have a chance of ordering any. So I was wondering what kind of store-bought herbs could be used for neat effects? I already learned about the calamus root trick, but it is too complicated for right now (needs proper equip.) But what else is there, that's simple and effective? And I'm not even talking about psychedelic effects, just the "buzzes" or "mood-altering".

2. DrummingJoey

DrummingJoey Member

I (and many others) would recommend you don't try any kind of "spice" product (i.e. stuff that is sold as "legal bud"). That stuff is not natural at all, it's sprayed with chemicals and all sorts of nasty shit and at some point in your using them you are almost guaranteed to have an extremely unpleasant experience. I used to smoke that stuff for a while, and I had three separate occasions (including the very first time I smoked it) where I got totally freaked out and had to lie down for two hours because I could not deal with reality (this coming from a guy who has done weed, acid, morning glories, DXM, and salvia, and not gotten bad vibes on any of it except a 10-hour morning glory trip). If you're going to do some natural herbs, I would recommend trying kava or poppy tea, but be careful as they can be habit-forming, and poppy tea can cause nausea. Honestly any "natural smoking herbs" are going to be sprayed with a shitload of chemicals and fuck you up. If you want to get a weed high, smoke weed.

3. raisinflames

raisinflames Guest

Well, I guess I should've been more clear here, sorry. First of all, I'm familiar with all the stuff you listed, including spice (and it gives one a "fake high", not worth it.) Smoking yerba mate is actually more pleasant in terms of the effects. But I was talking more in terms of "what herbs does it take to make a natural energy drink" (eleuthero, ginseng, etc)- or what does it take to make a perfect downer drink (kava, passion flower, etc) but I want some specific recipes that were proven to work well, with specific combinations and amounts. I hope I clarified myself a bit.

4. lyric4u

lyric4u Guest

I Am desperately trying to find how to make yellow horn poppy powder that is 10 times strong, I have the green house, I work in another area of herbs not powders aside from one times reg strength, this is needed for pain it works I tried it with prickly poppy tea, very strong as a sedative,also cove oil, I extracted with my dental equipment with no problems at all, but why pay if you have? I have looked for months and can not find on the net anywhere one can find how to make a 10 times or 5 times strong powder, look and see. I contacted the vendors i know, they will not, or can not tell me, I am on this form for this one reason, does anyone know how to make a strong powder? above 5 times. Thanks I hope I find my answer

5. litswd69

litswd69 Member

I like ginseng tea for a natural stimulant. Feels cleaner and more powerful than caffeine. I tried kanna once, but it was very subtle and possibly just a placebo. Maybe it wasn't enough. I know some people like poppy seed tea, but I've never used it.

6. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

extract 5-10x the amount of herb with a suitable organic solvent. Deposit said solvent now containing active chemicals from the herb on a quantity of herb. If you extracted from 50g deposit solvent onto 10g of herb and allow for evaporation of solvent. When there is no longer solvent present, you should have powder with 5x normal concentration.

7. ColChemTester

ColChemTester Members

Prickley lettuce or wild lettuce grows all over UK, not sure about elsewhere but it makes a lovely tincture with a similar effect to Laudnum, tastes wank but itd worth it for the high that comes with it.

8. everything bagel

everything bagel Banned

Parsley, cilantro, basil, scallion, thyme, marjoram, tarragon, oregano, lavender, bay leaf, fennel, allspice, cardamom, saffron... eh, you get where I'm going with this