Cooking

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by BraveSirRubin, Apr 20, 2007.

1. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

I just spent 12 hours in a row in the process of cooking.

Started off by making like 7 different Middle Eastern salads, then marinated chicken with spices, then made lamb shishkebabs, and then some hummus and tehina... and then went over to this place where an African girl was having her wedding party, cooked the chicken and kebabs, and made alot of happy dancing African people happier by taking their hunger away with some delicious food.

I also listened to a whole lot of heavy metal with my step-brother (I was cooking with him, he was catering the wedding as a favour to the African girl who's his friend)... and spent some quality time with him.

It was fun, and I danced to happy African singing.

2. ItzJessI3itch

ItzJessI3itch Banned

That sounded good. I wish I was invited. lol

3. TheGanjaKing

TheGanjaKing Newbie

You cooked that long and you didn't cook any crack?

4. joe

joe Banned

I made a frozen pizza from walmart, and watched bootleg DVD's of 300 and Grindhouse......I had a good time watching the movies but spent about 3 hours taking a mean greasy shit.

5. ItzJessI3itch

ItzJessI3itch Banned

Well it sounds like someone has had a vigorating day.... btw.. is 300 pretty good? I've been wanting to see that.

6. joe

joe Banned

Tonight I Dined in hell.....and it was delicious

I coulda done without the flaming diareahh, but 300 was a great bloody splattery gorey, Ooooh Look Boobs and Nipples!! and more blood, also lotta half naked men piled upon more half naked men...covered in blood and more half naked men.

It ws awesome.

But besides 300....Grindhouse........Greatest Movie EVER!, I cannot begin to describe my love for this movie and its greatness. The Trailers, the gore, the over the topnessesity, the horrible acting, the beautiful special effects of cheezyness, Plus quentin Tarintino loses his dick (Literally!)
    I dont care what people think....Grindhouse is the Greatest

7. Lodog

Lodog ¿

Many a woman has fallen to the cullinary skills of Lodog.

8. The_Walrus

The_Walrus Sgt. Pepper

That's neat.
    I wish I had more patience when it comes to cooking.

9. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

I wanna watch Grindhouse.

Anyhow, we need to have a forum gathering, I shalt cook!

10. LuckyStripe

LuckyStripe Mundane.

Sounds yummy. I love cooking too... I'd help you.

I don't know what I'm expecting of Grindhouse but I'll watch it.

11. nesta

nesta Banned

i love cooking, but there aren't too many normal dishes i know how to make....i usually just wing it, and usually have some fairly delicious results. but i'd love to know how to make tabouli, and i'd be super happy if i knew how to make real falafel instead of the shit dried mixtures they sell at the grocery (the stuff in restaraunts is amazing, as well as the stuff people's parent's used to make when i'd eat at certain friends houses....too bad i dont know anything about making it :()

though i make a mean salsa, great bbq chicken, good salads, good guacamole, i can grill well and have a knack for seasoning things well....i'm great with my crock pot and love making lamb stew, chicken and noodles, lentil/black bean soup....plus lots of pasta dishes, pizzas....turmeric potatoes are pretty damn fine....

but mostly i just take things that sound good to me and make tastey meals that somewhat resemble more traditional dishes but would probably never qualify.

12. nesta

nesta Banned

in my opinion, everyone should have at least a basic understanding of how to cook, but young men especially need to start teaching themselves how to make food for themselves. lots of guys expect women to always do it for them, and when a young single guy leaves his mother's home and suddenly doesnt have decent food fit to nourish his body, will usually quickly resort to eating nothing but fast food, frozen pizzas, hot pockets, and the like.

junk food is ok on rare occasions, but if you want to be healthy, you need to eat real food made from actual ingredients you've heard of....

13. Weaveworld

Weaveworld wayward

Mmmm.. grub. I really love preparing a good meal.
    I've never had a companion working with me before though. I think I'd enjoy that. :)

14. hippychickmommy

hippychickmommy Sugar and Spice

I love cooking (and baking!), sounds like a really fun time! I like to put on music when I cook too, makes me dance around the kitchen while cooking. Probably pretty comical to see, but my only audience is the kids, and for now, it doesn't embarass them. Much. ;)

15. Bella Désordre

Bella Désordre Charmed

I made salmon with dill, mustard and fennel and it was pretty freaking awesome.

16. Bella Désordre

Bella Désordre Charmed

I love baking too! I usually smoke a bowl, make a drink and turn on a techno cd and have a blast.

17. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

Nesta is probably a better cook then me.

Anyhow... I made some lemon shrimp for lunch today, yummy.

18. praying4peace

praying4peace Member

thats awesome!
    i cook for my family nearly every night. not because i have to but because i love to.
    im hopefully starting my own vegge garden out the back and i have a few plants at the moment... bazil, lime, corriander, parsley etc.

now when i get home fom work id really like to make thai green curry. mmmmmm