Conversation With a Cop

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by TresBizzare420, Apr 2, 2007.

1. TresBizzare420

TresBizzare420 Member

An officer once said to me unless you grow your own marijuana, you don't really know what it is you are smoking. Even though most weed probably is not laced with anything, some assholes occasionally do that. (Few and one would assume more with legal junk as opposed to harder drugs.)

When this conversation occurred, I ended up agreeing with the cop that I do not always know what I was smoking.

Perhaps I should have said that wouldn't be the case if it was legal. People would then be able to grow their own and maintain that it's additive free. Then again perhaps it was for the best I didn’t say that.

Obviously tampered weed is assumed to be easy to recognize in either appearance or effects. It seems that most people will come across many strains in their times smoking; each strain smells and slightly tastes differently. It seems that more smokers don't know what strain their bag is in comparison to smokers who could match up an exact name to their bag. It is clear that some bags are more appealing to other bags as well as some bags smelling funkier then other ones.. When one bag goes up in smoke, it seems hard to compare it to a new stash unless of course one has the option of several choices.

Knowing oneself and how one reacts to specific substances seems important. Also another factor to consider in the purity of cannabis would be how willing the person getting cannabis would be to smoke it with you.

2. 420fuchs

420fuchs speaks the truth.

3. TresBizzare420

TresBizzare420 Member

Perhaps it is a more appropriate bedtime story then. Boring things supposedly put people to sleep.

4. BudBill

BudBill Dark Helmet

Laced weed is kindof an urban legend. I am sure it has happened but look at it this way "Why would the dealer throw money and clients away?" Repeat business is what they desire and laced weed will put them out of business. I am of the opinion that alot of newer tokers that encounter a potent strain for the first time have just blasted their high to a new level and confuse it with being laced.

A cop suggested you commit a felony? Hmmmmm

5. Nitrusx

Nitrusx Banned

"Laced weed" is myth. Sure, it can be rolled up with something that is also smokable. However contrary to popular belief, sprinkling coke into a joint will not give you a "coke" high. Same thing with crack (however crack would be more effective, since it is freebase). Honestly, what kind of dealer puts a much more expensive drug, one where he could make a shitload of money, and put it into some stoners $20 worth of weed? And no, he wouldnt do it so the buyer gets addicted and keeps coming back...cuz coke, crack , PCP are not addicitve on the FIRST TIME! It's not like little Jimmy takes a hit from the crack pipe and immediatly suffers from a powerful physical addiction.

End result: Laced weed is a propaganda myth spread by ant-drug organizations, simply because they have nothing bad or scary to say about weed.

Sorry for the long post, I've just come down from nodding.

6. ~peace~

~peace~ Senior Member

blah blah blaaaaaah no body cares

7. ninfan77

ninfan77 Member

Grit weed, and other substances that ARE cheap do add weight to weed. That WOULD be something some dealers would do.

but coke on top, nah. Not unless you really wanted some coco puffs you gotta ask for it.

8. Willy_Wonka_27

Willy_Wonka_27 Surrender to the Flow

^^ exactly. its not a myth, you just gotta ask for it, at least around here.

weed with coke or crack is very commonly for sale in my neighboring town, and in most cities.

anyone who says that laced weed doesn't exist is either kidding them selves or have never purchased any drugs from a street/city dealer. either way, they are wrong.

9. BudBill

BudBill Dark Helmet

It is not that it does not exsist it is just not given without some extra $$$ attached.

For money you can obtain almost anything from a dealer. Generally speaking you purchase weed you get weed. Extra toppings cost extra.

10. Orsino2

Orsino2 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I have never smoked, nor have I seen laced weed. The only "laced" weed I've ever gotten was weed that was in the same bag as a bunch of shrooms and it had both amanita and cubensis crumbs on it, or a bit of Salvia mixed with it. Psylocibin generally is ruined by heat, though the amanita and Salvia was nice.

The only reason for that is because he didn't have any other bags or aluminum foil, and the shrooms/salvia was just leftover.

11. forwardventure

forwardventure Member

It seems like you'd be able to notice after the first hit if your weed was laced or not, right? So what's the big deal?

12. Monolith

Monolith Member

one time there was some weed circulating around here with embalming fluid in it, not meth, but the real deal.

Fuck that

13. Willy_Wonka_27

Willy_Wonka_27 Surrender to the Flow

that usually means PCP.
    but seriously, real emblaming fluid? thats crazy!