contacting other worlds

Discussion in 'Psychic' started by enfys moon, Apr 28, 2007.

1. enfys moon

enfys moon Member

im somewhat open to other worlds, more so the last few months...ive had a few ghostly encounters, the recent ones have been slightly intimidating but...
    but i want to be able to get closer to those other worlds out there.. i feel my calling is to other realms, worlds, lives whatever u want to call them...
    do u guys know of anyways to have clearer contact with this??
    peace

2. sexbanshee

sexbanshee Member

I often used to visit a medium and
    she would put me in touch with the
    other realms....

Sometimes I find the only way to
    make direct contact is by spending
    lots of time alone...in meditation
    and the key word is..

Patience...!!

3. Moon_Beam

Moon_Beam zaboravljas

I don't know how much of this I believe in! MY mum has been to mediums and what they have told her as been completely true and were things that no one else could know! But I just don't know if I can believe it! seems a bit out of it to be able to talk to people who have passed!

4. zengizmo

zengizmo Ignorant Slut HipForums Supporter

Moon Beam, to paraphrase a Zen master: If what you see disagrees with what you believe, choose to believe what you see. You don't need to mindlessly accept everything at face value, of course, we need to be skeptical and analytical to see through illusions. But the point is: Beliefs should never be set in stone. Continually test your beliefs against your experiences.

5. Moon_Beam

Moon_Beam zaboravljas

I am open minded - just find it hard to accept! I didn't say I don't believe in it, it's something you need to experience for yourself to be able to make up your mind and understand - and I haven't experienced it yet!

6. zengizmo

Hmmm, okay Moon Beam. It's just that I saw you say "MY mum has been to mediums and what they have told her has been completely true and were things that no one else could know!" and then you said you just didn't know if you could believe it. ??? You don't know if you can believe that they told her things that were completely true and were things that no one else could know? But you just said that's what happened! There is a disconnect here.

However I can understand you wanting to experience some things for yourself--Lord knows I want to experience things for myself, also. So here's the deal of the century: If you really, really want to, you can. The universe is pretty good about providing experiences to those who seriously want them. As the Good Book says: "Keep asking, and you shall receive. Keep knocking, and the door shall be opened to you." It's true, Moon Beam. I have experienced this myself, and if you really want to, you will too.

Or if it's not really that big a deal to you, maybe you won't. No loss. All roads eventually lead to Rome.

7. steffan

steffan puffin

suffer alot seems to be a comman theme various disaplines, a long term pain endurance or even prolonged periods of extreme discomfort.
    a damn good reason to split from the body for a bit I rekon

8. zengizmo

Maybe that's the purpose of the pain--to drive us away from our bodies for a time. However some of us tend to cling to the material too much...speaking mostly for myself.

9. Moon_Beam

Moon_Beam zaboravljas

There may be conincedence at play!! Maybe she so wanted it to be real, she made it true! There are many explanations! I don't believe it - others do! By the way the capital Y in "my" was a typo - just incase you were getting at the way I spelt it!

I say believe what you want!! People don't all need to believe in the same thing or see the world in the same way!

10. enfys moon

enfys moon Member

um... getting off topic guys...

11. zengizmo

I wasn't giving you a hard time about your typo, I think I just cut and pasted your sentence as is.
    Okay then, Moon Beam, believe what you want.

I believe I'll sip some vodka...

12. zengizmo

Sometimes it takes all my concentration just to maintain contact with THIS world.

Anyway enfys, I think one thing I said to Moon Beam is a good thought for you, too...the one about asking and knocking. And this relates somewhat to Banshee's first reply to your thread--you need to have a deep desire, and you need to be actively seeking--meditating, making a special effort to be aware--and ASK the universe for the experiences you want.

But be careful what you ask for, cuz the universe definitely will give it to you. ;)