Conformity Factor?

Discussion in 'LSD - Acid Trips' started by Bumble, Jun 3, 2006.

1. Bumble

Bumble Senior Member

I don't know about any of you sisters and brothers, but when I trip and place myself in a public situation I feel like i'm looking through a window and staring at all the people that bought into social conformity. I look straight through some of these people and notice how sad their lives are. Why do we as humans let this happen? Is it that we allow others to brainwash us? Is it the chemicals that seperate us and them? Does LSD alter our minds in a positive way to break away from the conformity factors in life? Does LSD act as a reset button in order to fix the problems that society has pushed on us? I just want to hear other opinions from other trippers.

Blessings! :)

2. yeah even bud makes me think like that, though of course it wouldnt be as intense and refreshing as the veiwpoint from the cid, but that feeling is magical all the same.

3. Psychedelic94

Psychedelic94 Member

(Bumble), I know exactly what you mean. You're right - it's sad to see that the vast majority of people have bought into the system and are closed minded about things like LSD. They've been brainwashed by the government. Usually these conformists piss me off, but sometimes it's just sad that people can be so easily manipulated and controlled. In the 60's more and more people started to become enlightened and the government knew if this happened, they would have less power. So LSD became illegal, and all children were preached to that drugs were BAD. I suppose we're the kids who ignored propoganda and took things for what they really were. But yes, LSD can act as a reset button - you become unbrainwashed - just what those in power don't want. Well, fuck them. Fuck them. Filthy fucking swine.

4. Magical Fire Lady

Magical Fire Lady Senior Member

Yeah I've thought of that too, as I'm sure many of us have. Its so sad when you realize that people waste their lives on working and are brainwashed to do so, especially when you are having a beautiful experience. I think LSD just brings mind expansion, as they say, and so you realize the things in how the world works. I also think it can be an awesome way to work things out for yourself, and make yourself a better person by noticing and accepting strengths and weaknesses. And now I'm rambling, I'm kind of strung out..

5. ayahuasca

ayahuasca Member

i'm totally looking forward to trying LSD. i mean, i've already thought about all this on other drugs, even just cannabis, and i don't get how people don't realize that they're being so brainwashed. the majority of people i see these days, they all look the same! it's fucked up. i can't wait to see where my mind takes me on LSD...

6. dd3stp233

dd3stp233 -=--=--=-

You don't need anything to see things that way, things are that way. It just may help some people to see things from a different perspective then they are use to. An interesting (but boring book) that relates to the subject is J.Douglas Brown's "The Human Nature of Organizations". The book deals with a scientific and philosphical approach to human organizations wether it be countries, corporations, local goverments, etc. "With mounting size, the element of conformity grows at an accelerating rate." In an mass assembly line type society, interchangable, replacable parts include the workers. "The need for conformity in human organizations is an essential part for it to function. At the same time, creative type people are nedded to challenge the very forces of momentum and conformity when practices and policies are outdated. Conformity and creativity are intensely human attributes. Organizations need both, but in proper balance. Conformity which smothers creativity is an unsettling, disturbing, restless attribute is a liability leading to slow decayand disaster."

7. prismatism

prismatism loves you

there are a lot of tour buses in my town. whenever one passes, every single person stares at me with their mouths hanging open. we really live in seperate universes.

8. mellow

mellow Eased

I do pretty much the same thing with bud and shrooms. Only with the environment instead of people, I look at cities and houses and stores, and just think why? Why did it come to this? What happened to the animal instincts in man?

I'm thankful for this, because once you realize that this is NOT how things should be, you are one step closer to being free.

9. prismatism

prismatism loves you

you've gotta be amazed though at the vastness of the uniformity of the structure of our society. i mean, there are paved roads and wal*marts EVERYWHERE, and they are all exactly the same. we're like a bunch of overly successful worker ants without a queen bee. you can go to any fast food place and order a meal you had across the country, and know it will taste exactly the same. you can get into any car and know how to make it run. you can walk into any large company store (michaels, wal*mart, kmart) and know where everything is. how do they do it? it's mind blowing. but i don't trust it.

10. ayahuasca

ayahuasca Member

it's a refreshing feeling, knowing i'm on the outside of it, watching from the sidelines.
    i'm just glad i'm not as much a part of it as the majority of people are.

11. RELAYER

RELAYER mādhyamaka

You guys are funny. Houses? and Food? And conformity beacuse we all have to work? I mean come on that is not being free that is teenage depressed bullshit. Free from what? Most of us do not build houses, or grow our on food. We are free thinkers with plenty of tools made for us to share our beliefs and thoughts, acid included. I mean sure there is a lot of bullshit we have to deal with, like people who eat meat (j/k), sorry im at work and cant properly get across what I mean, but what im saying is it seems like you guys got from certain drug a perspective of looking at the world for the first time like babies do, and arent able to put it together to make it make sense. Weird huh? Like my baby looks around in amazement all the time, even when i come home from work, it's like every time he see's me it's like it's his 2nd time, and e get's all excited. But the truth is we all have to conform in some way to live, even if your a rainbow for example, which I am, (well, all of us who love are ;) ) but can no longer go to gatherings, you are conforming to some ideal or lifestyle, ya dig? later tripo's

12. RELAYER

RELAYER mādhyamaka

By the way, I see what you mean, just wanted to say that ant's dont belong to queen bee's :) just thought I'd point that out lol

13. baloon

baloon Member

well look at it from this point of view: lets say we did use to live with the nature. there are 1000s of people that still do, because they still evolve in such way, even further than many of us ever will. somehow, the westerners got bored, needed a lot more stimulation for evolution, started inventing a new environment, flashing lights, mechanical parts, and all, plenty of new touch and sound, music has changed, culture and sculpture, our brains now thrive of this until they get bored and move on.
    as to social structures, that is all a gratification of our inner nature of selfishness and greed that we allow such power-based relationships. but trust me, never through human history were we without power relations, as far as first civilizations(and yes those were pretty close with nature) just today they are called differently, bureaucracy perhaps? they grew downwards a little so more of us have a sense of participation.

14. whereami

whereami Member

Wow,I didn't think anyone still did acid these days. I guess when I stopped I figured everyone else did too. :p

How's that for conformity?

15. RELAYER

RELAYER mādhyamaka

I think that's is what I was trying to say as well, maybe I just get lost in my own thoughts

16. RELAYER

RELAYER mādhyamaka

bwahahahahahahh

17. prismatism

prismatism loves you

oh god hahaha, i didn't notice that. wow. if i'm gonna use a bug metaphor i should stick to the same one.

18. RELAYER

RELAYER mādhyamaka

hahahahahaha, still, it is true, even if the bugs are wrong

19. desert nightmare

desert nightmare Senior Member

It is in my opinion that conformity mostly takes place because of trust, faith, or brainwash, whatever you want to call it, between people. Alot of people automaticly trust the government, and just assume they're telling them the truth. What i think people need to do is be on your pees and ques about every issue between other people period, and not just the government. Don't just believe something because someone tells you its true. I'm not saying don't think of it as a possibility, that is what using your head is all about. People have the ability to lie, and often take advantage of this for their on selfish ways. Dont be ignorent toward other peoples thoughts, exspecially if you haven't really though about them yourself. And don't fight over something, how is that ever rational.

Don't act toward other peoples preceiveings, and conceptions as truth if you haven't preceived, or conceived them for yourself. If you do, then technically you are brainwashed.

If you use all these things when descussing issues between other people, Wouldn't you agree that you will have a productive attitude toward life?

20. Bumble

Bumble Senior Member

haha that reminded me of when my bio professor from last semester suggested that we blow up all SUVs..lol