conditioner for thick curly hair

Discussion in 'Body Care' started by *°GhOsT°LyRiC°*, Jul 30, 2007.

1. *°GhOsT°LyRiC°*

*°GhOsT°LyRiC°* Supporters HipForums Supporter

my hair as you can see in my sig is very very thick and naturally curly, i like to dye my hair alot, so my ends are great.

Ive used= eggs, milk, oatmeal, mayonaisse, some pretty wierd stuff. Also some expensive styling products to try to smoth my curls more.

any product you know i can make or buy that is great for my hair?? It so frizzy sometimes! i need a major hair smoother.

2. icedteapriestess

icedteapriestess linguistic freak

aloe vera works to smooth the frizz. Olive oil works on the ends or as a "deep conditioner".

3. farabovetheclouds

farabovetheclouds Member

I have the same problem, i used to work for a natural cosmetics company called Lush, which is based in England but i think they are going worldwide. I strongly recommend American Cream. Really smoothes my hair and leaves it smelling gorgeous :D

if you don't have a store near you, try the website

4. lucyinthesky16

lucyinthesky16 pirate wench

ah yes. the curly hair "curse". when i was in school i hated it. i tried so hard to make it as straight as possible. but now i realize that having body is great. what i do for the frizz problem-its going to sound gross-but don't wash it with shampoo every day. i only do it about twice a week. shampoo actually strips the natural grease out of your hair. grease sounds gross, but you need it! it's what keeps the frizz under control. and it doesn't feel really greasy, just normal. and it makes my hair look great.

5. lucyinthesky16

lucyinthesky16 pirate wench

oh, and try not to use a brush, use a comb with big wide teeth. brushes break the hairs and makes more frizzies

6. Miss Corquscru

Miss Corquscru Banned

if you dye your hair a lot it's always gonna be shit to a degree, in my experience at least...

try mixing some nice smelling oils (real oils) into a bottle of conditioner that doesnt have harsh chemicals and detergents and bullshit in it....works fer my curls, although the humidity always makes a little frizz

7. NorthernLytes

NorthernLytes Member

i used to have long thick curly hair when i was younger but when i was a senior in highschool i cut it, but long story short I always used a matrix conditioner, they come for all hair types, in organic and they are all cruelty free. You can buy that at a salon or a beauty supply. Thier a little pricey but thier worth it.