Concert update, Mickey of the Monkees and The Rascals

Discussion in 'Music' started by MeAgain, Apr 25, 2022.

1. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

We got there last Saturday and met my cousin who is one of the band members touring with Felix Cavaliere's Rascals.
    He got us free seats and back stage passes so we climbed the stairs over the stage. On the way we met the lead guitarist for Mickey Dolan of the Monkees in the break room, grabbed a coke and headed to my cousin's dressing room. Mickey Dolan was sitting in his dressing room on a couch bidding his time, I guess. While there we talked over old times, various rock groups and concerts, etc. and we presented him with an Italian Easter meat pie and a bag of my wife's famous onion baked "crack" pretzels. The lead guitarist for the Rascals at one point stuck his head in and asked if he could use the bathroom, we said no as it was in use, and he left.

By that time it was time for Mickey to Monkey so we grabbed our seats for the show.
    Mickey sang a number of Monkees songs, he never played the drums, told a few stories about the band members, and about meeting and going to parties with the Beatles. It was okay, considering he is 76 years old now.

Felix then came out and did his "blue eyed soul" set which included some of his 21 chart hits, including Goovin', People got to be Free, Good Lovin', A Beautiful morning, etc.
    Here they are on Ed Sullivan.

Felix signed my wife's Rascals album she got in 1964 and after the show we hung around for a while then booked.

Today I got an email from my cousin. He said after the show he told everyone he had a meat pie and didn't know what to do with it.
    Felix said "You're going to get a knife, cut it, and we're going to eat it", which they did.
    Felix is of Italian descent and he went into a speech about the history of the Italian Easter meat pie which he claims goes back to before tomatoes were introduced in Italy.

[​IMG]
    He said he hid the pretzels as the last time we gave him a bag of them he was almost attacked on the tour bus by group members trying to get some of them.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2022
    wyldwynd and Tyrsonswood like this.
  2. wyldwynd

wyldwynd ~*~ Super Moderator

That sounds like an awesome time MeAgain

MeAgain likes this.