Concepts of god... if any!

Discussion in 'Paganism' started by The World of Dan, Aug 23, 2005.

1. The World of Dan

The World of Dan FSMFTW

Hi guys, just a quick poll... kinda.

I'm interested in knowing about your concept of god... Paganism, as a label, covers a hell of a lot of diffrent faiths and ideas, all of which can be totally diffrent.

So what do you worship?

I guess you could class myself as an earth worshiper.. I don't actully believe in god, I do however believe that if anything is worthy of worship, it should be the earth because it is the earth that has sheltered us and allowed us to live.

Now I'm not talking about the idea dancing around like a ninny to worship it, or even talk with it (because, lets face it, it would be like talking to a brick wall) but to do things that will be benefit the earth.. such as recycling, using unleaded petrol, etc.. basically looking after the earth, so it can continue to look after us.

Anyway, that's me, what about you? Who/what is your god, and how do you celebrate it?

2. YellowBellyHippy

YellowBellyHippy Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

The Earth is my Goddess. She ~is~ the entire universe. She is a flower, she is the moon, she is you, she is me. She is in everything. I believe everything is a manifestation of Her.

I would like to dance like a ninny and be nude all in the sake of worship :)

3. The World of Dan

The World of Dan FSMFTW

Hey, anytime you want to get nekked and dance around, you give me a call.... and i'll worship along side you in my own special way ;) :p

4. Zoomie

Zoomie My mom is dead, ok?

Gaia the Holy Mother Earth, Eponus the horse goddess, whose symbol I wear around my neck and Camulos the God of War, for whom the town of Camulodonum (Camelot, now Colchester) was founded and named.

5. SageDreamer

SageDreamer Senior Member

I worship God as manifested in both male and female form and in the universe. I celebrate through meditation, peace and environmental activism, and my relationships with other people.

6. Sage-Phoenix

Sage-Phoenix Imagine

Same here :)
    Though I kinda seperate them out, as Gods and Goddesses, during worship. Have taken to revering the whole patheon* as a whole for general things, or just working with the diety best suit to the situation. Though still need to study some more.

As an individual diety I have taken to Cerridwen. She was probably the first Goddess I came across and really did any research into. Can relate to her associations. She's not sweetness and light by any means, but maybe that's part of the charm. My craft/middle name in her honour. Feels a bit egoistical to directly name youself after a goddess, so was subtle about it.
    Not quite sure if she counts as a patron though, how can you tell?

*Celtic, as it is my heritage and feels natural to go with that.

7. kitty fabulous

kitty fabulous smoked tofu

you know i "worship" gaia, the physical earth as goddess, but you also know that when i say that i mean not just the soil and rocks and organisims and ecosystems that make up Her body, but the Whole that is greater than the sum of its parts.

i'm also really big on Pan. because he's such a horny bastard. [​IMG]

8. NatureFreak412

NatureFreak412 Art of Balance

My concept of god is like this spiritual force that is like the spirit of the earth itself, like we have a body and a spirit, well god is the spirit of the body Earth. It is the source of all the divine energy, and it is the creator. It also dwells within everything it has created.

9. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

I've always concentrated on the general term Goddess or God, depending on what I was doing, but lately i'm finding myself calling on celtic goddesses for specific guidance.