Composting with earth worms

Discussion in 'Living on the Earth' started by jondalar7, Apr 28, 2019.

1. jondalar7

jondalar7 Creating harmony on the planet

Worm tea anyone. Made with real worm poop ( called worm castings). plants love it. But that is a later story. A 24 inch wooden box and half a pound of worms will compost everything from your kitchen and more. I have a 30 foot long by 4 foot wide worm bed. It started with just 4x4 but really grew. I grow magnificent tomatoes there. Double use of the area. The red wiggler earthworms eat their weight in organic matter every day and leave behind the same amount of castings that is food for plants. the worms feed in the top six inches and then leave their poop on the bottom. So to harvest worm castings You just take the top off till you get to the castings and then put the top back on to keep things working. With the new laws on Marijuana my pot growing friends are amazed at how much growth they get from the castings and tea. the tea is not made of worms, No harm comes to the worm you just rub their little belly until they poop and when you have four ounces and a few other ingredients you can start your tea.

2. Farmnaked

Farmnaked Banned

No worm poop tea for me, nope.

3. deleted

deleted Visitor

haha..

4. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I had a worm farm but I lost interest in it. They're probably all dead and dried up by now.

5. jondalar7

jondalar7 Creating harmony on the planet

My friend Wiggly Dick the worm guy, says you have to give them each a name and then it is more interesting. :)

Driftrue and Orison like this.
  6. Bicaptain My Captain

Bicaptain My Captain Members

Squeezing the shit out of worms sounds like lots of fun.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2019
  7. highlander69

highlander69 Members

I use to raise eroup night crawlers .. I d like to raise candian night crawlers they best for fishing. But they to sensitive to temp. here..red wigglers are great composting but small for fishing for me so?? thinking of buying buch thrwing them in my compost pile . I have trown nightcrawlers in there wonder if they d get along??

Orison likes this.
  8. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I compost with a space worm (called Jim).

Interesting because of the realisation you can't keep them apart from eachother?

Orison likes this.