Completely frigid?

Discussion in 'Love and Sex' started by Cate8, Apr 3, 2007.

1. Cate8

Cate8 Senior Member

I was having a bout of depressed mood tonight so I went up to my housemates room where I go alot to just talk and he said something to me tht really struck a chord: "No one can touch you, huh?"

I have countless suitors this year which is lovely, but I feel like something is wrong with me because I dream of jus tbeing with someone I really love, but I cant open myself up to any of these people. And I dont know why. I hate the awkward feeling, I just cant do it. It makes me really eally deeply sad cause I am so confused.

2. Allonym

Allonym cheesecake slut

have you considered seein ga sex therapist? sounds like there may be some issues there of a deeper nature than you might be able to deal with yourself

3. Cate8

Cate8 Senior Member

Its not just sex, its anything to do with a relationship at all.

4. knotdirty

knotdirty Over the Rainbow

Yeah, a therapist would be a good idea.

Maybe you're like me...my standards are too high. Like you, I just want love...but that's maybe too much to expect from a guy straight away. and you HAVE to be willing to open up and be real before love can ever happen, you know?

I think it's a HUGE defense mechanism.

5. Allonym

Allonym cheesecake slut

my apologies, if igured since your post was herea nd not in the relationships forum, it had more to do with the physical end of things (as most topics in this forum do). all therapists should be able to offoer some sort of help with relatinoship, a sex-therapist will simply look at it form a slightly different angle

see if your school happens to offer some free counselling sessions... somthings better than nothing. no harm in finding someone to talk to abou t it and get their thoughts on it, bounce the situation off of em

6. i am like that...
    i think sometimes its just a female thing.
    some of us are like that... some arnt.
    it depends what we grew up with, and how we feel about sex and relationships in general.

well... thats what i always thought anyways.

7. toolmaggot

toolmaggot Nuts Go Here.

If you can't open up to any of the dudes that want you, then you probably don't actually want them.

Once you find somebody you're compatible with, things just kinda... fall into place. You'll gradually, er, blossom and spill your soul.

I'm the same way. Few people know me as the touchy feely kinda kid I am, because I'm mortally terrified of opening up - as if opening up would leave me vulnerable.

8. dangermoose

dangermoose Is a daddy

we all go through phases of dissacosiation with the people and world around us...or...i do at anyrate. i wouldnt be worried about it in the short term, if it develops into a long term thing over a few years then i'd say you've got a pretty legitimate concern worth seeking help for (not that its an illigitimate concern now)

9. EazyE

EazyE Senior Member

Its normal. People often blow things out of proportion and brand you as mentally troubled on net forums.
    Once you find the right person, you will feel safe and secure with them and you will open up to them without trying. Hard to explain but as toolmaggot said it just falls into place.
    Just dont see a sex therapist there is really no need.