Companies that don't drug test.

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by paintballer687, Jan 28, 2006.

1. paintballer687

paintballer687 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Does anyone know of any corporations that don't drug test new employees?

2. passittotheleft

passittotheleft Senior Member

Good thread, I was wondering about this too.

3. ConcealedCulture

ConcealedCulture Senior Member

Drug testing is mainly only done by the corporate fascists. Trust me, you dont want to work for them anyway.

4. slangshot1

slangshot1 Member

price chopper doesnt, friend works ther

5. Duke of Prunes

Duke of Prunes Member

drug dealing doesnt drug test.

6. 40oz and chronic

40oz and chronic 'Nuff Said

does when you get caught ;)

7. dannyandryan

dannyandryan Member

well basically all corporations test, so it looks like money or marijuana.. adn just as teh FFFBs said "weed will get you through times of no money better then money will get you through times of no weed"

8. underplay

underplay Member

i bet its going to be a pain finding a decent job that does not drug test..you are better off taking a break, passing the test, then start smoking again..

9. nesta

nesta Banned

a chain grocery store should be a decent bet, most of them dont test, and those that do are -generally- cheapskates and wont pay the money for a UA. when i got hired at kroger, they gave me a saliva test. i smoked the day before and came out fine, and i knew someone who smoked the day OF their test and came out fine.

a fast food place might be a good bet. the trashy folks you see working in there....come on now, you know at least a third or more of them are on SOMETHING.

i've NEVER heard of anyone at starbucks getting tested for any reason, and its a way better job than kroger or mcdonalds or anything. make decent money if you can get good hours, plus theres all sorts of cool benefits (such as a pound of free coffee every week) however depending on where you lived it can be a pretty fast paced and sometimes stressful environment, so most people can't actually work there while stoned.

you can try headshops and things. perfect job for a stoner, anyplace that sells pipes or detox drinks is probably a really good bet....plus an employee discount on new peices would be pretty nice. not to mention the good old fashioned internal "charity"

also try bookstores and independant/used record shops. again, with things like this you're more likely to not have issues if you work for more of a mom and pop local place than a big business like circuit city or media play (i dont know if either of them test; just examples)

but basically it doesnt matter. even if they test you, you should generally know ahead of time and be able to prepare. and even if you DO get a positive on the test, theres NOTHING they can do to you except not give you a job. they aren't police, and they have no legal authority or responsibility involving you or your actions. they wouldnt even bother to go to the police to let them know about you because it wouldnt be grounds for the cops to go after you. as long as you aren't on probation, as long as your parents aren't checking you, as long as its not for school or if you already have a job but will be fired if you fail a test....then you've got no worries. theres no real negative consequences except not getting a shitty job from shitty employers that you already DIDNT have....

honestly everyone talks about drug testing, but except that test kroger gave me back when, i've NEVER been tested, and its never been mentioned except briefly and not directed towards me. kroger was one of the WORST jobs i've ever had, and right now i've got one of the BEST i've ever had - and not a test in sight.

even if they test if they "suspect" you, its often an excuse to just get rid of employees that aren't good for the business for one reason or another. if you're working with generally decent and reasonable people, they shouldnt really care that you smoke sometimes when you're off the clock. act professional, do a good job, dont smoke on your break or before going in....you should be fine.

10. MikeE

MikeE Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

In lots of corporations it depends on the job. For example the State of CA doesn't drug test unless you are hired for a driving job or such. (Or at least it didn't a few years ago.)

11. paintballer687

Thanks, man, that really helped alot.:) I'm not a big coffee fan so I'll leave those to last and I'll go look around for some independently owned stores; and if there's no negatives resulting from failing past not gaining the job, then I guess I don't have to be concerned in the first place..

12. 40oz and chronic

40oz and chronic 'Nuff Said

dude are you seriouse?! awesome!

13. paintballer687

Yeah that must be from a few years ago, 'cause a ton of places test around here..

14. rhasta.penguin

rhasta.penguin No more hippy...ugh

this was a really helpful post :)

im looking for a job to, and im kind of getting stressed out about getting tested and all, but im probably just making it seem worse then it is. i guess the main thing im worried about is not just failing and not getting the job, its failing and having my family find out about it...but then again, im 18, so they really have no reason to tell my parents and not me. haha...i needa move out...[​IMG]

15. Eugene

Eugene Senior Member

Gas stations don't drug test.

16. PokeSmot

PokeSmot Member

Most fast food joints do test, but like your local pizza shops and shit don't drug test.

17. SirTokesAlot

SirTokesAlot Lives

^^What do you mean most fast food places? All the fast food joints around here couldnt give a shit if you do drugs, as long as you are still flippin the patties in a good amount of time ;)

The choices your looking at are mc donalds and taco bell man... your best bet is just to try to pass your drug tests stealthly like the rest of society

18. WeeDMaN

WeeDMaN a pothead

depends how dumb the dealer is, maybe hes smart enough to play by the rules and not get caught :p lmao.

19. Eugene

Eugene Senior Member

There are no 'rules', just luck. Ofcourse not advertising your product and keeping your clinentelle low helps, but it just comes down to dumb luck.

20. mellow

mellow Eased