Comment on "Media is the cause of increase in bisexuality"?

Discussion in 'Bisexual' started by maniton9, Feb 17, 2009.

1. maniton9

maniton9 Guest

There was a certain article in a Pakistani News Paper in which a psychologist argued that Metro-sexuality in Media is the sole cause of increase in Bisexuality. Because of the over exposure to the male body, many young men are getting attracted towards them as they have little or no access to girls. What do you say?

2. odon

odon Slightly Popular

Mmm. This was reported in Pakistan, was it.
    A hot bed of open bisexuality and tolerance for that particular lifestyle.
    Me thinks any "increase" is a false...openess to this is more likely.
    More people are open to discuss and "admit" their bisexuality.
    On the one hand this is a plus for Pakistani tolerance and modernity...but, a negative because a psychologist feels the need to blame a soft target.

3. neim

neim Member

well i'd like to agree because of my personal believe that sexual 'alternatives' have a profound psychological background and their existence is only evidence of a segregated community who is forced to go beyond his own sexual limits to survive.

4. odon

odon Slightly Popular

Would you like to repeat that in English for me. Thanks.

5. neim

neim Member

damn i was proud of that statement... actually that's the best i can do. maybe i can break it down if you tell me where it's confusing.

6. Deranged

Deranged Senor Member

what's the definition of the word is?

7. odon

odon Slightly Popular

Well, it seemed like you were saying you thought homosexuality went against nature and you were not keen on that...a. going against nature and b. homosexuality. I did understand what you said, it just was slighty a rosey way of being prejudiced, it seemed. So, I would have liked you to have repeated what you said, in a more straightforward way.

8. neim

neim Member

well i guess you did actually understand...
    imo, if you read between the lines, it's pretty straightforward.

anyway, do you happen to have the link to that "certain article"?

9. odon

odon Slightly Popular

I don't like reading between the lines when the truth can be spelled out more clearly. But, I guess we all do articulate ourselves in a certain way when our views are slightly off message...So, sorry.

I couldn't provide the exact article but you don't have to look hard to find this kind of logic in the Pakistani media...sadly.

10. KewlDewd66

KewlDewd66 Member

Yeah, rite. It's the media... They have no media featuring women (however tame or wild); no one has heard of the www.; and since they only feature men, 'real men' are looking for other men to quench their thirst. Yup.

The truth is just the opposite.

A number of traditional societies, (moslem and some Mediterranean societies, too among many others), frown down upon any kind of pre-and-extra-marital male2female sex. For a very long time, such societies have quietly tolerated male2male sex as it has been clearly understood that some sort of sexual release was both unavoidable and even desirable. Basically, the 'Don't Ask - Don't Tell' policy has been with us for centuries.

The tradition quietly stipulated that older, more senior men were to top younger guys, who would in turn, learn the ropes and eagerly await their time and day, when they'll reach the position of seniority. Obviously, this is so, in theory... What actually happens behind the closed and thigthly locked doors may be, in some cases, a very diffirent issue altogther.

The practice is still alive and well in most conservative societies. This is both a matter of sheer necessity for most men and a matter of long lasting tradition. Such conservative societies are still very much male-dominated and customs and traditions of this kind amount to giving a societal carte blanche to those who run the show.

Such societies do not tolerate openly gay relationships that most of us are familiar with in Europe, the Americas and Australia. Yet homosexuality is very rampant and within the limits of the custom and tradition completely acceptable.

KD

11. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Sole cause? Nothing in life is that simple.

The flip side of that argument, is that in the west if we are feminising the male population, that means there are likely to be less Macho Men around in real life, young girls and some guys are going to encounter them less, be more affected by them / think of naughty stuff when they do encounter them, more likely to act on stronger impulses, whammo an increase in bisexuality amongst other things

The ole guys are gay/bi cos they cant get girls chestnut eh? Amusing coming from a psychologist, probably a guy with a PhD or two, 20 yrs experience, married for yonks, maybe a couple of daughters. Still hasnt worked out stuff about girls that guys like Ricky Martin work out before they are ten

12. LorettaYoungSilks

LorettaYoungSilks Member

I don't think the media has done anything to attract more people to the prospect of bisexuality. Truth is many more people than realized are bisexual or gay, and now the nay-sayers have to make an excuse for what appears to be an increase in numbers, when in fact people are becoming simply less evasive.