Coffeeshops near our hotel

Discussion in 'Amsterdam' started by dannymac, Mar 22, 2008.

1. dannymac

dannymac Member

We'll be in Amsterdam from April 25 thru May 1, and hope see some of you there. Our 1st 2 nights were to be in the Leidseplein area but...

With the sinking dollar, and some other factors, we've had to cancel our 2 nights at the Rookies Hotel, and stay all 6 nights out past the Concertgebouw.
    I know it's in the sticks - but the room is free; we should snag Executive lounge privileges, which means free snacks & drinks throughout the day; A good friend is an agent for the company, and any MOJO she has will be applied to our reservation.

That being said, there's not much said here at Hip Forums; at Amsterdam Coffeeshop Directory; or at Channels knowledge base, for the following 'closest' coffeeshops:

Harley/Pacific
    Glory*
    Tootsie*
    De Graal
    Jabba
    De Kade
    Goed Goed

Any comments on these shops would be much appreciated.

*no 'customer' reviews of these 2 at any of the sites. Others have reviews, but some are dated.

2. lmao

lmao Member

I wish I could help out on reviews of those shoppes, however I've not been to any of them.
    I do want to say, though, if you get a chance DO go to Concertgebow, it is one of (if not the) greatest concert halls in the world. I know it's a bit pricey, but damn, it's worth it to hear some extraordinary music in an extraordinary concert hall.

Cheers!

3. koopa

koopa De Kuil Krue Hipster

I've been to De Graal coffeeshop and liked it very much. The coffeeshop is extremely spacious and used to have live instruments / bands but I'm not sure if they still do. Gear was alright and staff was friendly.