Cobra Kai

Discussion in 'TV' started by GypsyHolly83, Sep 19, 2020.

1. GypsyHolly83

GypsyHolly83 Members

I love watching the Karate Kid movies.. this series is fun to watch. There are some awesomely bad moments but I've enjoyed.. episodes are only a half hour.. anyone else watch?

mysticblu21 and Scottishdk like this.
  2. Scottishdk

Scottishdk Senior Member

Not seen my try on line. I always like the movies too.

GypsyHolly83 likes this.
  3. Boozercruiser

Boozercruiser Kenny Lifetime Supporter

Must admit that Karate movies have never been my bag.
    Now PROPER Boxing?
    Now you'r talking! :smile:

GypsyHolly83 likes this.
  4. GypsyHolly83

GypsyHolly83 Members

I'm not typically into martial arts movies but I just like those movies lol and the series is comical.. I think people who grew up watching those (80s, 90s kids) can get some entertainment from it.. and the guy who plays Johnny still has it goin on lol

mysticblu21 and Scottishdk like this.
  5. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

No. I'm not opposed to Karate Kid though. And I saw the last "Ip Man" movie which I thought was really cool.

I like Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles though... the first one, not this other stuff.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2020
  6. GypsyHolly83

GypsyHolly83 Members

Yes same! I love the Karate Kid movies.. and they have that new, teenage angle in there to draw in the younger crowds.. well played on the writer's part!

mysticblu21 and Seebass96 like this.
  7. srt

srt Newbie

I hadn't been a fan of the karate kid movies, but watched cobra kai with my spouse and loved it. So much so, that we watched the movies again and I thoroughly enjoyed the movies the 2nd time through.

mysticblu21 and GypsyHolly83 like this.
  8. GypsyHolly83

GypsyHolly83 Members

It's such a fun watch! I've always really enjoyed the Karate Kid movies.. glad you liked it!

mysticblu21 likes this.
  9. Blue Rain

Blue Rain Members

Yes, I've been watching & love it! It's better than a lot of other TV that's airing. I even bought the 1st 2 seasons on DVD. I haven't seen season 3 yet since I don't have Netflix right now, but as soon as it comes out on DVD, I'll go ahead & buy it anyway. If anyone knows who's selling season 3 on DVD, I'll get it!

GypsyHolly83 likes this.
  10. GypsyHolly83

GypsyHolly83 Members

Such a fun watch. We tried to make Season 3 last but it didn't work haha finished within a week

11. Ninja69

Ninja69 Newbie

This is just so good. I liked everything about it. When season 3 came out I binged all episodes in a row that same day.

GypsyHolly83 likes this.
  12. GypsyHolly83

GypsyHolly83 Members

They did this show just right.. playing to the younger and older generations, all of which can have fun with it and appreciate it.. I love the Mr. Mayagi tributes throughout too.. he is one of my favorite characters of all time, I just love him.. wish he was still alive to be able to help Daniel not be so lost in his decision making

13. Firefly99

Firefly99 Members

I’ve watched it with my 14 year old son after I ironically got HIM into the OG karate kid movies!! I was 13 when the first one came out and just loved them. I thought I would hate it but actually love this show and got so into it lol. I like how they’ve delved more into Johnny’s character and he isn’t the bad guy he was made out to be in the movies. Can’t wait for the next season.

GypsyHolly83 likes this.
  14. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

As an infant I spent some time with my Grand parents in India - had a number of run ins with real Cobras - King Cobras over 14 ft long !!!

Firefly99 likes this.
  15. Firefly99

Firefly99 Members

Oh really? Wow! Cobras fascinate me but wouldn’t like to run into one! That is soo long!

16. Vladimir Illich

Lived in a bungalow up on stilts (because of the monsoon) in Kerala - Southern India for 7 months. Snakes used to crawl under the bungalow and hide in the leaves and rubbish under there, however in the monsoon they used to climb the house supports up into the rafters (there was no ceiling). From time to time they would move from one rafter to another and occasionally they would miss, there would be a loud 'plop' as they dropped to the floor and then they would rear up, raise their hood and 'hiss'. The Mongoose and the Tiger cub (yes, I had a Tiger cub - but that's another story) would race one another to get there first and kill and eat the Cobra.

Firefly99 likes this.
  17. Firefly99

Firefly99 Members

Wow! That just made my hair stand on end at the throught of cobras getting up into the house and hissing..:eek::eek::eek:
    Thank goodness you had a tiger cub and a mongoose to protect you! Sounds like something out of that book ‘Tiki Tiki Tavi’, I think it’s called. :D

18. Vladimir Illich

Yes darlin' you're right, but I was able to embellish it to my class mates when the school chose that as a 'class reader' several years later.

Firefly99 likes this.
  19. Firefly99

Firefly99 Members

Ha ha ‘embellish’.. love it :D:D:p