co2 question

Discussion in 'BOGLAND' started by toecup, Nov 1, 2006.

1. toecup

toecup Member

i was wondering about improving my system, i got a room with a co2 generator, green air, and i got a goo d exhaust fan attached , CF 440 cfm, attached to a can filter, and one scilating fan, so when i set the timer for the co2 to go off, should i shut of the oscilating and the exhaust or just the exhaust or what? should i just let them all run at the same time and say fuck it, i dunno

2. BushyOldGrower

BushyOldGrower Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

People have all kinds of expensive equipment to try and solve this problem. At least you are smart enough to ask toecup.

Of course the co2 is desirable but you still need ventilation. Some allow intake air to come in when the generator is burning and they often stop outflow for periods of time and then ventilate again.

If you dont wish to spend 3000 dollars on a controlled system I suggest you do as well as you can with less. I sure do.

For one thing you can forgo CO2 alltogether and just go with lots of air flow. Or you can add CO2 which isnt a bad idea at all. Remeber that if your humidity gets to high your plants wont benefit from more co2 as they might get fat and rot.

Too much co2 late in flowering harms the bud quality as well. I am not saying to use it or not but I can grow very fat buds on plants indoors with no CO2. I have used it and currently I am finding that unless I need to restrict air flow it really may not even be worth it. I should show you what can be done without any CO2. ;) BOG

3. toecup

toecup Member

4. Bongo Banger

Bongo Banger Member

the only time i use co2 is in flower. i don't have a sealed room but have a pretty good supply of fresh air. what i do is turn off my fans and (this is straight out of the "how to" bog method from the closed overgrow forums) shoot a co2 cartridge above the plants. i got a bicycle tire inflator from a bike shop for about ten bucks. i don't know how well it works but my plants are always looking good and doing the reach! from what i've read, to use co2 properly, is pretty expensive. i don't see myself ever running a sealed room. thanks BOG, for all your help on teaching me how to grow. Merry Christmas all and PEACE!!!

5. BushyOldGrower

BushyOldGrower Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

A co2 burner can be used if heat is needed and they work pretty nice. Dont get me wrong about co2. I do like it. :)