Co-sleepers

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by RainbowSquidney, Jan 4, 2005.

1. Has anyone used a co-sleeper that attaches to your bed? If so, what brand did you use and how did you like it?
    They are pretty expensive, so I'm not sure if it would be better than just pulling the crib next to the bed.
    I've read mixed reviews....some love it and some hate it.
    Just wondered if any of you had used one.

2. sugrmag

sugrmag Uber Nerd

I've just always let my girls sleep directly in the bed with us. No real need for some fancy attachments.

3. I was able to do that with my first because I was single at that time.

Now there is barely enough room in the bed for me and hubby, let alone a baby!

We'll figure something else out. I'm not up for paying $160 for something like that.

4. sugrmag

sugrmag Uber Nerd

I know what you mean! When Virginia was newborn, she would just sleep on my chest. Now that she is a wriggling wiggling two yr old, no one sleeps too well when she is in bed with us. I put her in between us so if she tries to escape we'll know. And she either is kicking, bonking with her head, or rubbing my face...which is sweet, but when it's 2 am and I want to sleep, I don't find the sweetness in it!!

5. hahahaaa!!! i feel your pain :D my second son used to wrap his little chubby fists up in my hair constantly. i thought i was gonna be bald before he got over that.

Can you get a bigger bed? or maybe put the mattress on the floor and another mattress next to it?

6. BobbinBecca

BobbinBecca Member

My girl slept with us for the first year or so, we rigged up a portable playpen to attach to the mattress basically just used straps to secure the frame to the boxspring, cut down a little of the side facing the bed and smoothed it all with blankets and extra foam. Of course, she really preferred sleeping in between us so it was me using this space to stretch out more, and although it was weird, I was grateful for the space.
    We got rid of it as its use was turning it to junk, as all stuff goes to anyway, so save your resources totally the best idea-- I bet your crib will be a nice place for you :) to sleep when the baby's in bed with you-- I bet you can rig it! :)

7. Yeah, I think we could pull something together. I just want to be sure it's safe. My husband is a carpenter so I'm sure he'd have fun tearing apart the crib and putting it back together a new way!
    I also like the idea of the mattress on the floor.

8. yeah, and with the mattress on the floor, god forbid but if someone falls out of bed you don't have to fall far!! lol!!