Closed minds are so very annoying

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by Anistaulia, Jan 21, 2009.

1. Anistaulia

Anistaulia Member

I was at work the other day (it's a bar and restaurant), and a customer et the bar was asking me how old I am and if I go to school. So I answered and he asked me what I go to school for so I answered him "environmental science". He replies, "Oh god you're one of the 'Al Gore People' aren't you?"
    Now in any other situation I would have explained to the man why I was offended by that but being as I was at work I just said, "Sure if you want to put it like that." He starts telling me why I and people like myself are going to cost America all of our money and why we're all going to make America starve to death. I asked him why he thought that and he began telling me how his cousin is a small farmer and he is going to be charged $175 for every cow he owns in taxes because of the methane produced by the cows feces. Farmers (according to him) can't afford that and so they loose money and then they have to give up farming and everyone else gets no meat. Again I was at work and so I couldn't tell him how outrageously he was wrong. I simply said that does seem like a large amount but I'm sure there is some tax loop he will be able to find. Now I walked away because I couldn't listen to him anymore. But later on I walk back up to the bar hoping that he wouldn't talk to me and I overheard him telling another customer whom I know well that he wasn't worried about Obama being president because no black man can hold a job for four years. OMG what the hell. Thank god the customer he was saying this to had the ability to tell him off (and she did for quite a long time I might add) but I had to bite my tongue so hard to keep from yelling at him. Can you believe that there are still people so closed minded and so obnoxiously idiotic that they believe these things? I was taken aback and my faith in human decency dwindled slightly. I just had to complain about this.

2. PerfectChaos8095

PerfectChaos8095 Member

I hate people who are like that. It's people like him who make people hate our country.:mad:

3. bekyboo52

bekyboo52 52~unknown~52

wow, how ignorant of him...

4. foxer

foxer Member

lol thats good someone told it to them. people like that will find anything to complain about, they'er doomed to spend their life whineing about stuff they'er never going to try to do anything about, sucker's

5. seizedbyanger

seizedbyanger Banned

i'm really not at all suprised that there are people who still think like that.

6. blackcat666

blackcat666 Senior Member

anyone who listens to alex jones or rush limbaugh deserves what ever they get.
    assholes come in all shape, sizes, and colors.

7. mamaKCita

mamaKCita fucking stupid.

small farmers have been losing farms and being put out of business for many years. agribusiness and kickbacks are the wave of the future of politics, not just the "rush is right" crowd.

8. kinulpture

kinulpture Member

& let`s not forget there do exist "organic farmers". which is kinda what i may eventually become. & that is if can find people i can stand being around for awhile.

9. mamaKCita

mamaKCita fucking stupid.

and they're typically very small scale. putting an undue burden upon them is not a good thing. but it would be unfair to give them breaks when you can't give breaks to people about to lose the land that's been in their family for generations.

10. Deranged

Deranged Senor Member

lol, that's hilarious. i love offensive jokes.