Clone storage ?? Help...!

Discussion in 'Marijuana Growing' started by Trader, Aug 30, 2005.

1. Trader

Trader Member

I've been called to work the hurricane disaster. Sadly, I've got to let over 20 plants die...but that's the breaks.

But....HOW can I store clone-babies to use when I return...maybe month+ from now?

Thanks...and wish me luck.

:)

2. grouchy_old_dude

grouchy_old_dude Member

trader. submerge the stems in water and store them in the crisper of the fridge.

3. Trader

Trader Member

Okay, so I only put the STEMS in submerged water? Or can the whole little clone be sitting in a tub of water in the crisper? (Leaves and all?)

(Too bad I couldn't bring them to Louisiana...I'm sure they'd love the weather)

4. grouchy_old_dude

grouchy_old_dude Member

trader..I used a rather large tupperware tub with about an inch of water in it. tilted slightly, with the cuts lieing in the water. I took extra long/large cuttings. When I was ready for clones, I made a fresh cut, to normal size, under water, and proceeded as usual.
    Take axtras, as all of mine didn't root well after the storage.

5. Trader

Trader Member

Thanks Grouchy...hopefully you saved the day.

I almost had to cry when hacking down over 25 plants...over 4 ft. tall and budding like crazy!...to put things in "limbo" while I'm gone. And to add insult to injury, I have a perfect set of ten clones that have rooted nicely....and now have to die. Hopefully my cuttings will survive a month or longer.

Oh well.

The ONLY good news in all of this is that despite the clones budding like crazy, they don't seem to have any glistening of THC on the leaves, etc. I'm learning that just because they grow big, fast, and heavy...they might not be potent. Damn.

I appreciate your help. I leave tomorrow to "help the many" in the South.

6. grouchy_old_dude

grouchy_old_dude Member

That surely sucks(killing plants) but your help is direly needed. Best of luck, watch yer 6's AND thank you.