Cloaking Technology?

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by Lynnbrown, Jan 30, 2009.

1. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

This is a questing post.

Brief background: I have heard a loud, rolling noise in the sky which will go on and on sometimes. I have not heard this in about a week, but when this starts, it will go on for at least a couple or 3 days in a row. Anyway, it is a sound I associate with serious aircraft. But this is soooo loong, and soo loud I think more of a Squad of helicopters or something similar - but there is NOTHING to see in the sky. Seriously. I will stand there, staring for as long as I can stand it, and there is absolutely damn nothing.

Yesterday, I heard the sound again (from within a tight brick house) and went outside and finally Did spot a light bluish-gray white helicopter - but the sound went away gradually as I lost sight of it.

My question is this: is there cloaking technology?

Surely there is because I know what I hear, and it is not thunder or any such weather phenomena. What else could this be?

2. deleted

deleted Visitor

yes, its similar to a lcd tv, surface polymers are like that of the screen and make the object appear as its just part of the background...
    While you can see that its there as it moves...

In Star Trek, Klingon birds of prey can be seen cause the silhouette dont match star patterns..
    It would be impossible to make distance in the star fields upon something that is closer. That why they are only so effective..
    This technology is in developmental stages, probable more ahead than that is released to the public..

3. lostminty

lostminty Member

4. lostminty

lostminty Member

i guess i mean to say that its not an lcd screen you wear....but a material with negative refraction...its the same light thats behind them...just bent around the object

5. deleted

deleted Visitor

yes some thing like that.
    LCD, does work on some of the same principles as nano technology...
    It would be much easier to design the hull to be a tv screen and program look like the background. For instance behind your laptop is your desk, imagine as if your looking right through your screen and seeing whats behind it.
    Can be done, by you taking a perfect picture of behind and loading it on..

The same with radar stealth. The shape of the hull need to be fitted to not absorb any radar. Making the plane look more like a box.. The more flat panel screens you have together the better your picture of the background will be..
    Then too we dont know how advanced they are in bending nano fibers, lcd, or Cloak
    around different shaped hulls..
    Nobody wants a square plane, they are ghey.;)

6. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

Thanks guys! So, I'm thinking it's a definite probability. :)

7. White_Horse_Mescalito

White_Horse_Mescalito ""

you near a military base.?? I was right by the stealth fighter base and you could hear them.. but never saw one

8. RandomOne

RandomOne Member

Sure it's not like.. Thunder?

9. lithium

lithium frogboy

Eliminate all the other obvious possibilities first. Was it a cloudless day? Did you have a clear view of the horizon in all directions? If not, low frequency sounds are notoriously difficult to locate, it could easily be high flying aircraft (above the clouds) or low flying aircraft, and out of your range of vision. If it goes on for that length of time, could it be something in the distance on the ground, like heavy machinery, is there any construction work going on in the area? Road traffic, road works? Eliminate all these obvious possibilities before getting silly.

10. lostminty

lostminty Member

It took me a week to realize the bassy sounds i was hearing were coming from a local construction site

11. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

I don't live anywhere near a military base (Anderson, SC). There is an airport here however.

The weather on the various days I've heard this sound was really nice - some clouds, but sunny. I live in the country and walked until I had a clear view in All directions, looking up all the while seeing nothing but sky.

I do live fairly near a rock quarry and am only too familiar with their 7/24 blasting and railroad car sounds, which does not even compare with these sky sounds.

I've never in all my years heard thunder go on and on and on and NEVER any rain or even a hint of bad weather.

12. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

Even though I stated above I didn't live near a military base...I'm thinking "near" could be relative.
    There "was" a naval base in Charleston, SC but it was closed - or so we're told...also I think there is a military base in Georgia. If you look on a Grand scale (the earth), or even in comparison to the west coast - then I guess I'm not far far from a base.