Clinton Vs. Trump

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Karen_J, Feb 25, 2016.

?

President of the US - November 2016 election

1. Hillary Clinton

19 vote(s)
    65.5%
  2. Donald Trump

10 vote(s)
    34.5%
  3. Gary Johnson

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

How so? Here is the quote:

"But to this day she’s surrounded herself with media conspiracy theorists who remain some of her favorite confidants, urged wealthy allies to bankroll independent organizations tasked with knee-capping reporters perceived as unfriendly" http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2014/05/hillary-clinton-media-105901#ixzz41WS7qqAK

This is the only reference I can find as to her "knee capping" please describe what is meant by knee capping, to whom it was done, what date it was done, what wealthy conspiracy theorists, allies, and independent organizations were involved, how they bankrolled this "knee capping", and cite sources other than this article to substantiate that claim. Using one source does not convince me and does not allow me to evaluate what actually did or did not happen.

It is still not known if Nixon ever orchestrated the Watergate break ins. He did try to cover it up after it happened. John Dean and others testified before a grand jury about Nixon's hush money to the burglars, and his ordering of the CIA to impede the FBI's investigation, they also revealed that he had audio tapes from the Oval office. When the Special Prosecutor demanded the tapes Nixon fired him. This led to "The Saturday Night Massacre" when several Justice Department officials resigned in protest. Nixon relented and released some tapes.

Then a new Special Prosecutor indited seven of his aides and the Supreme Court ordered Nixon to turn over the rest of the tapes. When he refused The House of Representatives voted impeachment based on obstruction of justice, abuse of power, criminal cover-up, and various violations of the Constitution. So he released the tapes which provided the needed evidence to convict him on the charges. As the Senate prepared to vote on impeachment he resigned.
    Then he was given a controversial pardon by Gerald Ford for all crimes he committed against the U.S. government while in office.

He was pardoned by a sitting President. Ford was roundly criticized for the pardon as it prevented a trial.

"Presidential pardons can be granted anytime after an offense has been committed including before, during, or after a conviction for the offense. If granted before a conviction is given, it prevents any penalties from attaching to the person. If granted after a conviction, it removes the penalties, and restores the person to all his or her civil rights. However, a pardon can never be granted before an offense has been committed – because the president does not have the power to waive the laws." (my bold) ~1

So we know he committed the crimes by the evidence and the pardon. No relation at all to anything Hillery has ever done.
    Again he was not caught orchestrating the break in. It was the cover up that got him in trouble.

No.

How so? Where is the evidence of bribes? Please show me the money, etc. and we can continue the debate on this subject.
    You say a person seeking public office receiving a huge sum of money from a party with a vested interest in the actions or potential actions of that official/office-seeker, is corrupt in itself.
    What is a huge sum of money? Is this a legal term? Tell me what the cut off point is for a huge sum of money. Then all we need do is arrest anyone receiving that amount for some sort of unspecified corruption. Doesn't matter if they commit a corrupt act by your definition or not, only that they received a huge (unspecified) amount of money

I really don't know. I judge her by her actions. If some evidence comes along that justifies her being brought up on bribery charge I'll look into it. Meanwhile I understand how politics work, that's why I like Bernie better that Clinton.

Tell me please what politician running for President hasn't received contributions from special interest groups? Names?

So she's received contributions from special interest groups she's still much better than any Republican running for President and I'm not so stupid that I'm going to waste my vote by not going for Clinton if Bernie doesn't get nominated.

2. Flagme15

Flagme15 Members

have it your way, but don't complain when your rights are usurped.

3. Flagme15

Flagme15 Members

Delusional

1 person likes this.
  4. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

you're right, all the candidates are saints, none of them show any signs of caring more about themselves than their constituents, semantics are vitally important (yet at the same time completely irrelevant), all sociopaths are in fact mass murderers, and hillary is far and away the best person for the job. /thread

5 people like this.
  5. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/in-1927-donald-trumps-father-was-arrested-after-a-klan-riot-in-queens/ar-BBq7skT?li=BBnb7Kz

[SIZE=18pt]In 1927, Donald Trump's father was arrested after a Klan riot in Queens[/SIZE]

On Memorial Day 1927, brawls erupted in New York led by sympathizers of the Italian fascist movement and the Ku Klux Klan. In the fascist brawl, which took place in the Bronx, two Italian men were killed by anti-fascists. In Queens, 1,000 white-robed Klansmen marched through the Jamaica neighborhood, eventually spurring an all-out brawl in which seven men were arrested.

One of those arrested was Fred Trump of 175-24 Devonshire Rd. in Jamaica.

It's not clear from the context what role Fred Trump played in the brawl. The news article simply notes that seven men were arrested in the "near-riot of the parade," all of whom were represented by the same lawyers. No doubt to the chagrin of those in the Klan, the seven faced a Roman Catholic judge.

Hotwater

6. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Having a B.S. in Psychology I would think you would have an understanding of the import of words and labels.

7. *Yogi*

*Yogi* Resident Racist

So you say and hope! Don't have too much though, you will be disappointed!

8. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

To have an ego as big as Trump's, how small must his dick be? :D

9. Meliai

Meliai Banned

2 people like this.
  10. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

And can the same comparison be made about the genitals of his supporter(s) on here in regards to their big mouth? I'd say probably, as it merely seems to be big to cover up that he isnt saying much constructive with it ;)

11. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

Not mentioning any names. ;)

12. Like what, imprisoning more people than any other country in the world under Bill Clinton? As far as rights go, there's far more to worry about with a Clinton presidency than a Trump presidency. People who like Hillary are, I hate to say it, fucking dumb. You have to be a dumb ass to buy her bullshit.

1 person likes this.
  13. *Yogi*

*Yogi* Resident Racist

Dumb fuck(s) pretty much sums it up!

14. Wizardofodd

Wizardofodd Senior Member

She's going to need to do a lot more than she has done to make me even slightly excited about her as a candidate. I never really have liked her in general because she strikes me as smug and not genuine. She simply isn't believable to me. I think she will say whatever it takes to get elected and will change her position as often as she thinks she needs to. I also think that she expects to win just because it's her turn.

Will I vote for her? Maybe, maybe not. I haven't decided but if I do.....it sure as hell won't be because I feel like she's earned it.

And if she goes on to lose the general election....it's pure bullshit to put it people who didn't vote for her. I'll blame her for not convincing them that she deserved their vote. Instead, she's went out of her way to have surrogates pull these little stunts like "Women who don't vote for Hillary have a special place in hell". That kind of crap plays well with stupid people. Stop insulting our intelligence and then acting like it's our fault for not liking you.

15. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Yeah she's playing the sexist card this time. I wonder why she didn't play the sexist card 8 years ago when she was competing against Obama? Hmmmm... Can you say double standards? Bernie is an old white man so that makes it a bit easier.

16. Eleven

Eleven Member

Bernie is an upside cause celeb.
    Bernie is the cart before the horse.
    We need to elect many Bernies to the congress and senate, FIRST, and then top it off with one in the White House.
    Otherwise, he just loses the election to the Republicans OR gets elected and has no support to acomplish all that stuff he talks about.

3 people like this.
  17. dwight78

dwight78 Member

I shudder in fear for the cavalier attitude with which you say this. I can see your country has been relatively well shielded from the atrocious comeuppance that the W Bush presidency brought on the world. I think a vast number of the US electorate should not be voting until they've completed a course on world history and current affairs. You guys vote in people who run the whole world and most of you do that on very narrow local considerations. You have an idea how many people have died in the world because of the Bush presidency? I can trace the Syrian debacle to the Bush presidency. I fully agree with Bill Maher that the American public is becoming dumber and dumber (due apologies). They created the conditions in the Republican party today and God save us that they don't cross the rubicon of ultimate stupidity by making Trump president either directly or by default/inadvertently.

18. dwight78

dwight78 Member

If Bernie Sanders could get all this attention this cycle, then I surely sorely miss that old Congressman who has a senator son (can't remember his name this minute). I think they're in the same league. As you say, these people are reformers who should first affect the system before trying to take the presidency. I really do think Sanders is having the time of his life, not because he brings anything new, but because the field is weak, the consensus seemingly to let Hillary get it for Pete sake. I may be wrong though but I think they underestimated the American attitude of loving a good fight, which made the democratic electorate rally around Bernie to make this thing more interesting. Just like they say Superdelegates shouldn't decide the nomination, I don't think it is healthy for kids of the reality-TV generation to be deciding the destiny of the world

19. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

As i suspected it would boil down to in Novemeber....Clinton or Trump....and who is the less of two evils......too much is too predictable.
    It is a shame that Bernie will not be our next president.

20. You're not making a coherent point, dwight. I doubt I'll ever hear from you again, so I don't really have a response. There goes dwight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.