Clearing firesites after campers leave shit lying around

Discussion in 'Camping/Outdoor Living' started by rg paddler, Jun 8, 2006.

1. rg paddler

rg paddler Senior Member

i get pissed off with people who build fires,get drunk and leave loads of shit lying around.Inevitably the places you find in remote places have been found by people before.How dissapointing it is to find food cans,beer cans,toilet paper and shit lying around.I aint religious but i mentally forgive em clear it up and either burn it or whatever.I dunno but I always worked on the premise that by leaving no tracks,that venue may remain a secret to those who respect it

2. napalm_life

napalm_life Member

What ever happend to all the people like you. Enviromentally freindly and a fan of Ivor(rip).

3. rg paddler

rg paddler Senior Member

i dont know

4. Boogabaah

Boogabaah I am not here

i'm with you 100%. last time i went camping i ended up cleaning our site plus the site near the lake. beer bottles paper trash condoms. we they in that much of a hurry to leave or that lazy?

i make sure it looks like i was never there when i leave. usually cleaner than when i first arrived.

5. Piney

Piney Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

We are always picking up stuff.

The NY / NJ trail Conference sponsors clean-ups and litter day in the New York area. Amazing how much gets collected.

Picking up after others is part of the cost of maintaining a nice wilderness

6. dilligaf

dilligaf Banned

i always carry a bag with me when out hiking or camping n pick up garbage as i go along my way,,,,

7. Dalamar

Dalamar Member

I agree with you completely! When I go out fishing or camping I leave “nothing but foot prints” behind me.

8. shaggie

shaggie Senior Member

I see the same junk when I hike. Lots of beer bottles, broken glass, candy and potato chip wrappers, fishing hooks and packages, etc. I notice it more since I hike barefoot. I have to bring a bag regularly and clean up after those people. They have enough strength to carry all that stuff in when the bottles are full and then claim it's too heavy to carry the empties back with them.

9. cheese-wiz

cheese-wiz Banned

awww that is sweet ...but i kinda want to beat there ass with a baseball bat...but thats just me[​IMG]

10. rg paddler

rg paddler Senior Member

but then you'd have to clear up their bodies aswell

11. cheese-wiz

cheese-wiz Banned

yes but unlike all the trash ..those are biodegradable[​IMG]

12. napolean inrags95

napolean inrags95 Member

yea and i hate when people have a fire right off the side of a trail and leave a huge pile of charred logs there, when there is usually an established fire ring at a camp site within a mile or so...