Cleaning...how often?

Discussion in 'Show Your Piece' started by Peacelovedogs, Mar 13, 2013.

1. Peacelovedogs

Peacelovedogs Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I think I'm a tad compulsive about keeping my pieces clean. I clean them out with a solution at least every other day.

How often do you do a true cleaning of your stuff?

2. Peacelovedogs

3. Manservant Hecubus

Manservant Hecubus Master of Funk and Evil

I really should clean mine more often. I seem to drip resin like a mofo, and then ash and burnt bits get through the screen and it sticks to the resin in the glass stem. And then eventually gets stuck in the percs. It's a pain to clean and gets gunked up so fast.

4. Peacelovedogs

I can't stand the taste or smell of resin. Chemo made me a super smeller so just a little will start to bother me.

I started using that 420 solution and what a difference in the smell. I was using alcohol and salt and always hated the after smell and taste. No more!

5. Manservant Hecubus

Manservant Hecubus Master of Funk and Evil

I use a combo of iso an tea-tree oil. The iso alone just isnt' tough enough to get through my resin. The tea-tree oil works well but that method takes some time if you're trying to conserve the TToil.

Some days I'm tempted to bump up to acetone but the harder stuff is more difficult to rinse out and smells afterwards.

6. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I've never in my life cleaned out a bowl with solution. I just scrape the resin out when I run out of weed and get desperate lol.

7. Peacelovedogs

The 420 solution has an amazing smell. I was horrified at the cost but then realized you can reuse it for weeks.

I was using extra coarse kosher salt with rubbing alcohol. Yuck but it worked. Another trick is ice and kosher salt in larger containers like bongs.

8. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

i use salt and iso... just flush it well with hot water when finished and there is no left behind smell

9. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

I used to be really lazy about cleaning pipes but since I got a vaporizer I have begun to clean about once a week. The taste is shit unless you do.

10. Peacelovedogs

That's my thing. I stick to very high quality stuff so I want to enjoy the taste too. Plus, all that resin that I remove doesn't get a chance to touch my lungs.