CLEANING HAIR: Baths vs. Showers

Discussion in 'Body Care' started by madlizard, Dec 25, 2007.

1. madlizard

madlizard Senior Member

Why is it that I find that my hair gets MUCH cleaner when I wash it in a bath than when I wash it in a shower?? Everyone I've ever asked this to thinks the exact opposite.

Oh, and, this IS a bath with no bath oil, bubble bath, body wash yet.. washing my hair is usually my biggest priority when I draw a bath so the first thing I do when I get in the bath is wash my long-ass hair.

Anyone else agree that hair feels much softer & cleaner when washed in a bath than in a shower or am I alone on this one?

2. Lady of the Freaks

Lady of the Freaks Senior Member

nope, i agree. i wash my long hair in the bath too. it works better for me. plus a bath is much more relaxing. :)

3. lace_and_feet

lace_and_feet Super Member

I like a combination of both. I love massaging the shampoo out of my scalp while fully immersed under water, but for a final rinse (after conditioner) I prefer a shower head because the jets of water work almost like a comb to help detangle my hair.

4. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Lifetime Supporter

I do both, and it depends on what I'm getting out of my hair. aloe gel or leave in conditioners need a "fresh" rinse.
    sweaty and simply dirty hair does well in a "mermaid" bath.

5. sweetdreadlover

sweetdreadlover TattooedRainbowGurl

my hair is pretty short and i find washing it in a bath helps it more as well....the shower isnt a full cleanse, while submersing it in a bath gets it much much cleaner:)

6. nynysuts

nynysuts No Gods, No Masters

Surely all the shampoo then gets up with the conditioner? Or am I being confused?

7. madlizard

madlizard Senior Member

You'd think it wouldn't work, right? But, still, I've had good results that way.

8. nynysuts

Might try it tomorrow when I wash my hair!

9. arlia

arlia Members

i prefere baths any day i dont have them often though, when i deep clean my dreads i usually have a bath, i wash the rest of me while my hair is soaking in whatever concoction iv mixed into my hair then when im done i just dunk all of my hair in the water and lay down for a bit, make sure its all out and just squeeze all my hair and get my ass out the bath before the salt makes me itch

10. nynysuts

I tried this last night, and whatdyaknow, it worked! Nice soft, shiny hair!