Classic Sesame Street, and The Electric Company

Discussion in 'Remember When?' started by johnnybravo, Jun 28, 2007.

1. SouthPaw

SouthPaw Members

Whenever I hear somebody say, “Who is it?” I still reply, “It’s the plumber....I’ve come....to fix....the sink!”

2. Gangster19

Gangster19 Members

I remember Sesame Street first coming on PBS in the 70's. I loved to watch The Electric Company back then too! We had a TV antenna and got three (YES THREE) broadcast channels! Every kid where we lived watched Captain Kangaroo ( I bet some millennials have no idea who that was), The New Zoo Revue and The Brady Bunch in reruns during the day ( I also remember watching Barnabas Collins/ Dark Shadows with my older cousins when they got home from school). When I discovered PBS and The Electric Company,etc….it seemed so cool and different!

3. Gangster19

Gangster19 Members

LOL!!

4. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

I havent seen NEW ZOO REVUE in along time!

5. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

6. Lego Batman

Lego Batman Scissors paper rocks

sesame street was better classic
    I can tell by watching youtube
    some are so funny

7. themnax

themnax Senior Member

when i was born, television was rocket science, and fm radio was a theory that had yet to be assigned bandwidth.
    yes captain kangaroo was the early early show that cam on after the late late show, or after the test pattern if the station went off air every night, to keep kids from waking their parents.
    i remember the magic school bus. i remember kookla fran and olie had their own half hour or something like that. i was even, sometime in the early 50s,
    able to catch a couple of repeats of bill sears' "in the park". and n.e.t. before it became p.b.s. n.e.t. was mostly just off campus remote college classes, until the kennidy assination, when it changed its name and function to cover current affairs. and even then it kept broadcasting remote learning classes for the next ten years or so after that.

i remember following along one the had for bamboo brush painting.

8. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

So much better time :(

9. Eric50

Eric50 Members

Those were good shows. I remember Bert & Ernie. Bert had his pigeons and Ernie his rubber duckie.
    The only thing I remember about Electric Company was the opening with the pinball game and that Morgan Freeman was a cast member.