City of Angels

Discussion in 'California' started by Duncan, Jan 26, 2005.

1. Duncan

Duncan Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

I came to California from New York City in 1985. I've never considered turning back and the folks in the Empire State no longer ask.

Los Angeles is not a city for everyone. I've known a number of people who have tried living here and hated it. I suppose you could say that about any place. For me, the city offers the best of all worlds; freeways that go south to San Diego and beaches, freeways that go east to the deserts and freeways that go north through the semi-arid San Joaquin Valley, Bay Area and wine country.

There is, of course, a price to pay. Living expenses are steep, but the potential for earning higher wages is also here. The water and air are less than pristine. I choose to purify my water and irrigate my sinuses.

Education is nearby and affordable. There is diversity of community and access to spirituality. Would I live elsewhere? Ask me in ten years.