Church of the Good Earth 1963 and Beyond

Discussion in 'Church of the Good Earth' started by shameless_heifer, Aug 18, 2005.

1. highsite

highsite Member

There was a loose-knit "family" in Toronto in 1970 in and around the Rochedale Free College...and a "Peace Train" caravan of hippies hitching out to the coast, following a real train of rockers... Joplin, et al. The name Nancy Christopholus sticks in my mind...and a kid just arrived from Vancouver, named "Arlo". Any memories here? Much appreciated!!

2. shameless_heifer

shameless_heifer Super Moderator Super Moderator

Jehene my Sister,

I am so happy you have found your 'little piece of heaven'. It always inspires one to do their best in being part of the nature of things when you can chairish and love what you hold.

It's not like renting at all, you have no ties or roots that bonds you with what is yours for a time. The sucurity of knowing that you have a space that no one can take from you. Something of worth to pass down to generations.

The seeds you plant will be of your own choosing, as you plant you become one with the land and the creatures that depend on the land for survival as do you.

They become like your children. You watch them as they grow, you watch their offspring. It's like a connection with creation. It makes you feel glad inside just to be a part of something so exquizit. Even if it is in the City, you can still create a wonderland of beauty and inspiration.

I know how I felt when we bought our little peice of heaven. It was truely excellerating, It was a very liberating experience. I have become such a part of this land, the trees and the landscape, the ponds when the critters gather for their morning drink and bath.

The Donkey calls out his morning greeting as the Rooster responds with his mighty Cock-a-Doodle-Do, which gives leave to the goats chimming in with their bleating pleas for sweet grain.

The Cows in the meadow moo their low steady moan, laizily grazing on the Alfalfa that grows tall in the pasture, not letting much bother them as they lumberly munch their way across the meadow.

It's all so inspiring. It get the creative juices flowing, it's like channels being open for the very first time and all the golry shinning through lighting a fire within.

Well that's the way I feel about it anyway.

Brightest Blessings
    sh

3. shameless_heifer

Zev,

GoodStock2007 will be in WV at earthmorther's place. She and her man will be opening their land for the Festival. She's a great Lady with a deep soul. They are very cool people.

Depending on the outcome of GoodStock 2007, there has been disscussion of taking GoodStock to other parts of the country. We maybe coming your way. We just need a few hundred achers, the support of the comunity, county officals and the hard working people to workout details ( did I say hard ) and 'Voila' we have a concert.

It very difficult to get past the money issue. So far it has been all volentier work, and many blank walls. It has been an uphill climb, with Larry doing all the planing and contacting everyone that is to be involved with little help and almost zero income. Mostly working off a recharbale phone card.
    There has been a great responce, with bands calling/emailling their intrest in GoodStock. Everyone is working to manifest GoodStock into the physical and things are starting to *Pop*. Everything is more or less on schedual and more interesting events are taking place. We have a 'Lightman' Tripn Da Light who has just introduced himsef here in the Garden and his afiliation with GoodStock.

With all that being said. I do hope to see Everyone of you there next June and we can all meet and have a great Festival.

If anyone would care to donate green energy, their time or expetees they would be most generously welcomed and responded to in kind.

To make a donation you can contact Larry Mclurg at www.mindgarage.com. There is a page on GoodStock if you scroll down. We can use all the help we can get. It's worth while and brings a great deal of happiness to your soul.

As the Hippie Generation fades into the millinium there is new hope for our kind. We feel we are here to leave a message of peace love and unity to show the path which will lead others to the same path of inlightement to peace and freedom for all.

We ( the collective we) are calling for a reunion of the Spirit that lead us through the 60's into the present day. We hope in our efforts to bring a little of what we tried to capture from those times of gathering as a tribe of human beings, bringing forth the unity and strenght that helped us to gather for almost a half century.

It was The Music that lead us threw the hard times when we were pioners in a new land. We had in common our outrage for the injuste humanity was suffering in that era.
    We had a dream and that dream is Alive in GoodStock2007.

Please, if you can help us bring back the Unity that we lack so in the here and now. Dig down in your hearts and open yourselves up to a chance to be part of something that may change attitude and minds and perhaps the world. Be part of the change make a contribution of positive energy. You will be glad that you did.

Bright Blessings Zev.
    sh

4. jehene

jehene Member

Huggggggg S_H my sister dear.. smiles..I told my soon to be hubby that the goodstock is near by in W.VA. depends on when they let him t ake his vacation..we were planning to go somewhere this year..
    I really appreciated your insight to having your own home.. it brought me to tears.. its been so long that i waited for this...the garden has so much and so much that id rather not have..lol.. and so much id like to have..
    I never knew i would be the kind that would love to garden..its funny how u just never know,,..lol..i have felt bliss.. i never knew i would..shanti my sis

5. wlzev

wlzev Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

S-H;

Where in West Virgina is Earth Mother's place and how can i get in touch with her?
    Peace out

ZEV

6. shameless_heifer

Zev, earthmother is here in the forums. send her an IM/PM. Scroll up till you see her post and click on her name.

sh

7. shameless_heifer

Bright Blessings Jehene,
    All the Glory in the world is in the earth, what we can manifest out of her at our own chosing and how we repay her with love and devotion. It is like a relationship between souls. The Spirit of the Universe connecting with the whole Spirit of ones self. A feeling of purpose and a feeling that gives you pleasure in a creative way.

It's like being an artist with the land as your canvas.. you splash color here and there with bright colorful arrays of flowers, you plant trees and shrubs here and there for demention.

You stand like a mother hen watching for her eggs to hatch as the seedlings appear. You feed, water and nurture each little seedling as it pops out from benieth the soil reaching for the morning sun, still damp from the dew that covers the earth.

It brings a moment of peace and unity with all things that live and share this earth. When the struggles in life get you down, you can regain the beauty by just looking at the love that is returned to you in the harvest.

The flowers in full bloom, bringing light and love into your heart again. The shear delight of watching the Butterfly flutter from flower to flower to taste each and every one of their sweet necter. With the Humming Birds darting in and out to get their share of the precious honey that they flowers give so that the creatures may survive.

It's all connected and so intricit that it leaves you awe stricken at it's beauty and inner relationship of each living thing.

Blessed Be My Sister (((huggss)))

sh

8. ChrisWah

ChrisWah Member

Hello all

Shameless heifer do I know you?? and first off HELLO to all who I do know who I have seen post here Spud, Mouse, JD (still playing Guitar) or just saving lives all the others who I have shared times with in life!

I am so Glad I found the site I was on another old STP site looking for some folks.

Found Butlers bro looking for him and I have no infor on Butler or Nancy since two years after they lived in my Bus way back.

Oh yeah this is Chris WAH and I Used to live back in the Cave in the back of Peadeful Valley then in the Cabin with GregWAH that Sargent Pepper lived in in the South side of the Valley Below Buccanear Ridge ( I still cannot spell). Then back to D.C. Up to Wisc. back to Colorado, back to SF back to DC back to Orygun Over to Hawaii where we have a place On Molokai since 1977 back to Orygun backto SF back to DC back to Orygun yada yada now in LOW CAL!!

I know that some times were tough for some of us and I also think that some got out of touch because of the trials and tribs of Life in General.

I have reconnected with Happy and Mary in Wisconsin now and Terry Lane has talked to me in the past couple of years.

If interested I am still with Sheila 32 years now my boys are MEN Caleb born on my bus in Milo orygun is doing well my oldest Ryland Played Football in the CFL for 6 years and was with the NFL Vikings sent to NFL Europe for one Spring season and my youngest Tiller (yes born in Tiller for those who remember....THEN) is playing guitar and singing.

Hope all who read this are O.K. with all things and doing well.

I am fighting Lymphmonia right now but I will beat this like I beat all the battles that have been in.

Seems that the Orygun folks who were once SF/Berzerk folks are well represented here! NICE

FYI My good friend Chaz actually goes up to the old Oakland HF House (wow more memories!!!) Where Buzzy and Stacy were at once or twice a year. He is onePart of the Lighting Rig folks for Reggie On the river every year.

Well that is good enough to post now!

Peace and Love to all
    ChrisWAH

9. jailmate

jailmate Plantenist

guud earth makez guud plantz, eat plantz nut peeople.

10. shameless_heifer

I lived at Underhouse in the city, I was at ash valley on and off but mostly underhouse on oak n cole across from panhandle park.

11. ChrisWah

ChrisWah Member

When did you leave the Underhouse??

My first visit to the Underhouse was late summer of 69 only spent about three or 4 days there on a "VISIT" I was one of the young ones came out with some folks after the Big party in NY called Woodstock . I Left went up to Orygun then back to Boulder then back to DC, stayed in touch with the "flow" and dropped in and out over the next 5-6 years. Would visit and spend a night or two over that time but later (after 71) uasually in Upper Cole and just visit down the street.

My sister had her Son at the Underhouse but that was in 74

Were you around for the great Christmas Tree Sale!! When all the trees came Down from AV??

FYI for the thing in WV next year I may be able to help if I make it through the situation I am in right now. I had a Lighting and Stageing production Company for a lot of years and I know most all of the Equiptment vendors around the Country. BML in Baltimore Mainlight in Wilmington all the DC sound and lighting folks etc.

Also connected with some "folks" who ended up in WV.

I will Check back.

WW

12. ChrisWah

ChrisWah Member

For some reason I THINK the very first time I went to the Oak St. House summer 69 not sure if it was called UNDERHOUSE yet or just the Oak Street House?? I do recall when back later after that it was was always called UNDERHOUSE.

BUT that was a long time ago and many mind lives ago to!

FYI There was a Wedding up in AV this last Summer at Spuds OLD place/he sold to J and F as I recall then changed again maybe back to Spud and maybe sold again just receintly (Just at bottom of Hill down Valley from Old Louie) last summer. (I still can't spell)

One of the Children got married! Life truly goes on!

Peace/love
    CW

13. jehene

jehene Member

hello my dear sissi S_H.. and everyone else..well working on getting the garden winterized.. then time to do projects to fix house to my likeings..lol..my hubby said maybe we go to WVA..og yeayy..he asked if i knew anyone coming..i said YES.. SH_h FROM TEXAS....HMMM..I DO NOT HAVE ANYMORE HIPPIE CLOTHES..LOL..just gardening clothes..
    hey chris..i ws at oak and in summer of 71..maybe we met?

S_H HAve u found kathy boyce ....or RINI.. GF OF JACK CASADY OF JEFFERSON AIRPLANE?..OR PISCES PATTI..OR MARIANE MOTHER OF VALERIE (WHO WOULD BE AGE 43 NOW..?? HERMAN AND WIFE LAURA? jacki from cleveland? cyrus issacs lady?

hope i get to meet them someday..love u S_H.. ssmiless..peace.. shanti

14. ChrisWah

ChrisWah Member

Jehene I stopped by in 71 on a run from DC to Boulder and back to SF trying to catch up to GregWAH. I was traveling a lot then as that was my nature and my calling at that time! If I was not memorable my pants were as they were almost totally leather patches (it was my only pair as I traveling light and fast.)

I THINK maybe Leo Ron was there and Picese Bob and Mary Maybe also Black Darrell and Nancy? Maybe that was a little later 73? The more I think and talk the more the time frame comes togather.

I think that maybe Nabor was around then too hmmm Maybe he was up on Upper Cole???

Did anyone remember the AVENUES house?? Over on Third Ave North side of GG A bit of a different flow but everybody was connected.

15. shameless_heifer

Jehene,
    I think Rini is over at the diggers site, if you see her there you may ask her about a lot of the others you seek. Hugs to you sista and Bright Blessings

Chris,
    I was at Underhouse from 71-75, I was there for the Christmas Tree thing that was on the corner in the parking lot I think next to the GE head shop on Haight St. I remember your pants Chris..lol.. funny what triggers the mind.

Yes it was always called Underhouse, Oak St house was facing Oak St. underhouse faced Cole St, right across from the White house where Aries Larry, Kitten and Darryl lived.

I was the only woman that lived at underhouse full time, girls came n went, underhouse was pretty rough and ya hadda be able to hang with the big dogs. Gloria was Whitney's GF from Canada and would visit often but didn't live there. Tuarus Barbara lived there for a little while with Count, Then Diane came in 72 and she lived there a yr or two with Shills. I lived there for about four yrs with my boy Jomie. I was the little blond with the big tits. They called me nailcakes.. Cakes for short.

Nabor was there and Butler, that was 73 or 74, hard to be accurate on dates.

16. ChrisWah

ChrisWah Member

LOL SH We have for sure meet in passing! I did stop by a lot during 71-73! Only a few times a year in 74-75 After that things changed a lot!

Was also over on Dwight in Berzerkly in the old Garage across from the Hospital!

I remember you now! NAILCAKES!, I am sure that we actually did some hanging I see it all now and yes the UNDERHOUSE was a tad tough!

So was upper Cole when things got a bit crazed!!

Do you remember Candy having her Baby Cody? Hit and Run Jam Band?

Actually the Oak Street haouse seemed calm in Compairsion sometimes lol!!

You were there for the renters strike then right??

Street Watch Straight Theatre etc. OMG my mind is seeing COLORS and many folks right now!!!

Do you remember letting me and with my (now wife for over 31 years Sheila) stay downstairs one night after we were stopped and almost taken in because they thought Sheila was Patty Hearst?? That was a huge deal that day as we were surrounded by what seemed to be a million of the Citys finest with cars comming at us in every direction and they tried to Grab Sheila I started to grab the guys trying to grab Sheila and of course a bit of a ruckus ensued.

After all settled down and we were on the ground with everyone yelling they discovered that Sheila was indeed NOT Patty H and they let us go and they all dissapeared quicker than they appeared?

We spent the night at Under yacking about all kinds of trips???

I also remember Chuck MF being at Upper Cole then I think?

You saw all the Change first hand I bet!! I was a TRAVELER so each visit back by me I always seemed to arrive when SOMETHING was always be in "FLUX" From Peace and Love, to TOUGH and ROUGH to WATCH YOUR BACK!the changes seemed to

Remember the Chinaman who took food stamps for EVERYTHING??

Also you knew that Nabor went WAY NORTH right??

17. shameless_heifer

Chris,
    I got to The Haight in 66' I left it for good in 77'. The Haight went through some heavy changes during that time, world changing and mind altering changes. It was good bad and ugly, but the Spirit remained instilled in our souls. The Spirit of Peace and Brotherhood.

I remember the Chinaman. His eyes were split in two. One scanned the rows and one stayed on the cash regiester. He caught me stealing butter one time and made me put it back. I was embarrassed. I never stole from him again after he showed me the meat cleaver he had under the counter. YIKES!! He was always cussin' in chinese. I don't think he liked hippies much but he did like them food stamps.

Chuck MF did indeed live on upper Cole with Annie Fanny. Chuck is in Oregon someplace by Eugene I think. Mouseman is in Eugene and has a GE reunion every yr at Woodpecker. Spud is on the City Council up there in Oregon too. Wild Bill is in Europe, Russia I think. Kid dissapered as did Spacy Stacy, several have journeyed to the beyond.

Well real time is happening and I gotta go for now.

Bright Blessings
    sh

In the middle 60's to about 70' things were love, peace and unity, then it all turned to money hungry profiteers coming in with hard drugs and prostitution. Speed and Heroin took the beauty and love from The Haight. It became ungly and tainted and slimy and unclean. Every one went their own ways, some went crazy some went to the country.

18. ChrisWah

ChrisWah Member

Thanks so much for the info;

I heard about The Easterseal Place/Woodpecker and the reuinions and I want to go up if all goes well with me and my treatment. Nancy is there too I was told with her man of many years Mike. They are very much in my memories a lot of time.

I was lucky and made it to the COUNTRY early lol. I saw all what you discribed happen and luckly I was blessed to make it through it all with Sheila. Two of my Three Boys were born up in Orygun one on the bus the other in a PU truck lol. As you may know wheather you lived in the City or the Mountains the same sickness was around and some succumbed others did not! I am so HAPPY for you as you are doing well and are living life with joy and love!! RIGHT-ON!!

I had 108 there acres that I had to part with in the ninetys to help me with my oldest who went to College then won a scolly playing football and went on to play pro for a while he now Coaches and is married!! My other two are also good and the ALL Live so close to us it is like they never left the nest (sometimes I think we should have kicked them out harder lol) they are all born this month!! and after the B-days will be 30 28 26! We are blessed!!

Take care forever!

peace/love
    ChrisWah
    now Wickwah!!

19. ChrisWah

ChrisWah Member

opps I mean they will be 31 29 and 27!! lol

peace love

20. wlzev

wlzev Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

People seem to be confusing Underhouse with the Oak Street House. Oak Street House was 1915 Oak Street and was connected by backyards to the Cole Street House. Underhouse was On the Corner of Oak Street and the downtown side of Cole Street. When I lived with the family, Ranger, Eden and their people lived at Underhouse. I remember most people at the time called it the White House. The years make some memories vague. But not the good feelings. On balance, I, for one, am glad I had the experience.
    Peace out.
    ZEv