Christians and Homosexuals.

Discussion in 'Lesbian' started by IlUvMuSIc, Oct 8, 2007.

1. IlUvMuSIc

IlUvMuSIc Senior Member

I have this friend right, and shes a 'born again' Christian. Thats fine and all but today in science she and my other friend started to have an argument about the beliefs (this was about how old the earth was) and then after they'd calmed down a bit i asked what was her view on Homosexuality. She said she thought it was wrong but now i dont know what to do...

Im not a lesbian but i really dont agree in what she was saying (she said more than its wrong). And i dont know if i should carry on or like not... I dunno...

2. Faye

Faye Member

The only thing you can do is first of all stay clam. Then state how you feel and your beliefs and be sure to back them up with strong reasons for feeling the way you do. Getting angry and hostile will only make it worse. I grew up with a born again christian so I know how you feel and if you state your postion and don't back down eventually she will get. If you can look beyond on it and be friends that's great if not thats ok too.

3. camerongh

camerongh Member

I'm a very strong christian.

And I believe homosexuality is a sin, like any other sin.

Which means if you're a born again christian your sins are forgiven because of god's sacrafice (Jesus)

Thus, I see no reason at all to shun them from the church, because in fact, they will not go to hell if they have had their sins forgiven.

4. Faye

Faye Member

Ok lets get one thing straight here... first of all I'm not! I'm gay and thats ok. It is not wrong or a sin! I will not go to hell because God made us all in her/his image so being gay can't be wrong If you think it is then. Fine but I love who I am and I will not appogize for who iam. And if you are such a strong chirstian like you say you are you would just accept what you see and hear about who other ppl are. So get over us queerlings. and move on to bigger issues. I mean people are dying in the streets all over the world and there are children who don't have enough to eat. And hear you are taking issue with who ppl sleep with and love. There are much more imporant things to take issue with then the kinds of sex ppl have trust me dude. I feel so sorry for you and I'll pray fpr you that you will accept people as they come.

5. IlUvMuSIc

IlUvMuSIc Senior Member

right on...

And thanks for the advice... Its all sorted out and i dont think she has as many problems with it anymore...

6. spirit of the night

spirit of the night Senior Member

great post.

i agree with everything you just said, it is natural, it is not wrong, it is not a sin, i personally dont believe in sin as i am a pagan.

i also believe we are created in the Goddesses image, or whatever deity you believe in.

we all have a spark of the divine in us.

blessings and acceptance

xxx

Piobaire likes this.
  7. epoch0

epoch0 Member

There are Christians who do not believe that homosexuality is a sin. The United Church of Christ (Congregationalist), many Episcopal churches (depends on location), the Unitarian-Universalists, some Lutheran, Presbyterian, and Methodists are gay supportive. The Episcopal church has an openly gay Bishop! Some churches bless gay unions. It can be controversial, some are doing it.
    Simply because one Christian believes that Homosexuality is a sin does not mean that all Christians believe it. Christianity is a very diverse relieion, beliefs vary widely on the subject of human sexuality. It may take a little looking around, but in many areas you can find a church that welcomes gay people.
    Epoch0

8. Stella_Drives

Stella_Drives Senior Member

You guys and gals should check out soulforce.org
    They practice MLK based protesting and they are all about religious liberation for gays and more specifically, they give reasons why it's so absurd for those whose follow the bible to shun homosexuals. CHEEECK IT OUT

9. chapfalleneyes

chapfalleneyes Member

first of all, I don't comprehend why you even bother posting in the lesbian forum with those views. And second, males aren't even suppose to post under this topic anyway. If you have a problem with homosexuality, start your own thread under some other topic.

Jcinalco likes this.
  10. subHerban Greens

subHerban Greens Member

I was in Catholic school for 12 years. They shoved alot of bullshit down my throat that I think is B/S. I really don't believe in any of the Jesus stuff or the Bible bullshit. But this is what they told me:

Homosexuality in itself is not a sin. It is not wrong to be attracted to the same sex. This is because that is the way God made you. Acting on the homosexual thoughts is what is a sin. If your a girl then thinking another girl is hot or cute is fine, but engaging in sexual contact with her is a sin. Thats what they told me.

So in short: Homosexual attraction is not a sin; homosexual acts are.

I'm not gay (and I don't have anything against gays either) and I don't really believe in all the Jesus b/s but I did learn a few things in 12 years of Catholic school.

11. spirit of the night

spirit of the night Senior Member

so if someone has a different sexual attraction to yours then they shouldnt do what gives them pleasure?

sex, whether with 2 males, 2 females or a female and a male, is NATURAL.

it is insane to think that people who like the same sex should not do what is natural to them.

homosexuality, homosexual thoughts, homosexual acts are not sins.

i find it twisted that some catholic priests have sex with little boys yet they still preach that homosexuals are sinful.

also, this is a lesbian forum for women, not men, espacially not men who have views that are hurtful.

blessings

xxx

Jcinalco likes this.
  12. IlUvMuSIc

IlUvMuSIc Senior Member

thank you for the advice, i think shes over it, but to be honest i dont want to even talk to her just in case.

13. melodiuScorpittarius

melodiuScorpittarius Member

lol

*sigh*

14. Scott D

Scott D Member

I'm a Christian I know who God is and what he has done for me and everyone else who knows him but I'm also a Gay man who is loved by God. I was tought that being gay was wrong but I have been GAY all of my life God will be the only judge that matters or who ever you believe in . We all have a right to say and do as we please but no one has to go along with it that is there right

15. Moon_Beam

Moon_Beam zaboravljas

I'm a Christian and may have just lost the best relationship I have ever lost because of the views of some Christians. I found it too much hearing people tell me how wrong gay relationships are and not being able to mention or talk about my life at Church, and feeling that I am displeasing God.

At a time when so many marriages end in divorce it seems ridiculous that some people are so against couples being in love just because they may be of the same sex. I though we were all made in God's image? I take that as meaning that we are born as God made us? People sin by choosing their own way, or as some people think choosing to be gay! Why would anyone choose to be a minority and be in the way of persecution?

16. Faye

Faye Member

Dude get out of here out of here! First off this is a form of dykes so a man should not be in here and secound of all this is a hippie site so if you beileved in the hippy ideals you would not judge people like you do. Find somewhere else to spew your hate for us but not here. After all we have fought for as Lesbians give us a space that is OURS

17. Theweirdone

Theweirdone Member

Hey subHerban Greens: Maybe you should stfu and go back to your bible thumpin... Christianity (And 99% of all other religions) is the only true evil in this world.

18. Moon_Beam

Moon_Beam zaboravljas

Yeah right! That is a stupid thing to say! There may be extremists that deviate from the true religious meaning or cults that could be sad to be 'evil' but if you knew anything about Christianity in its true form you would know that it is far from evil.

19. Theweirdone

Theweirdone Member

Sorry to have offended you. But I do stand behind my belief that organized religion exists, for the most part to enslave humanity there for making it inherently evil in my books.

20. XBloodyNailPolishX

XBloodyNailPolishX Forgetful Philosopher

um, why is it wrong to love someone???