Christianity and LSD

Discussion in 'LSD - Acid Trips' started by neodude1212, Dec 3, 2007.

1. neodude1212

neodude1212 Senior Member

what do you guys think of those two combined? is there enough room for both of them in one life?

2. myCHAINisGUCCI

myCHAINisGUCCI Member

sure. some people accept christ as their guru. just remember that all paths lead to the same place..

3. StayLoose1011

StayLoose1011 Senior Member

^ couldn't have said it better

4. rygoody

rygoody Senior Member

santo daime is Christian based I do believe... and they use DMT

5. elfin1mf

elfin1mf Member

ye it can be really helpful in the journey away from selfishness. when I was tripping hard sometimes I would see jesus christ in myself. I would start to believe that the world never really changes and we are crucifying people metaphorically everyday. I would believe that the events which occured in past lives and in the bible just keep manifesting in similar ways throughout all existance. After this I strayed from christianity and looked into all different religions. Religion has plenty to teach us, I think it is stupid to focus on only one. The only beneficial thing about christianity in my life that I could ever see was the direct teachings and quotes in the life of christ. I think Muhammads life is just as interesting today and I believe that many eastern religions can have a wonderful effect on a persons life.

6. Shapeshifter

Shapeshifter Member

We are all turists at the same place, just using different turistic agences and guides ;)

7. RELAYER

RELAYER mādhyamaka

I also have looked for Truth in many different places. But the reality is that they are all essentially the same thing. Buddha talks of the realm of the Tathagata, the ultimate enlightenmen, as being the source of, and the sustainment of, nothingness which is what we essentially are. Because human beings are constantly changing we can never exist as perfect being, and you can find similarities in the philosophy of Jean Paul Sartre as well as many many others. Then you have the Hindu religions, which states that moksha is the negation of the creation of any form of karma, to be free of generating and being eneveloped in the good and the bad thought's which bind us to the physical, matierl plane. Which, in a sense, is the same thing as nothingness. Then you have Mohammed who, though His book is riddled with insecurity, jeaoulsy, and violence, has the same message of putting God above love for any lesser, non-eternal substance. But Jesus, out of all of them, has the shortes text and the shortest Truth, and it is so simple and pure and basic. His sermon on the Mount contains every peice of moral living you could ever ask for. Dont kill people, but also dont harbour thoughts of killing people. Dont commit adultery, but also dont lust over women who pass you by. Dont lie to people, but also dont live a life of lying to yourself, and etc. Jesus, as testified according to the Gospel, is the main man in my eyes. What He did and what He taught truly showed to the people of His time and even unto now the worth of the Soul and the worth of existance. Wether you think He was an incarnation of God, and wether or not He was the only incarnation of God is up to you. But His message of Love can not be stopped, it grows like nature itself and because of it's pure state it will continue to grow like life itself. -

8. rainbowedskylover

rainbowedskylover Senior Member

hahaha that´s a nice methapor!! gonna keep it in mind

9. neodude1212

well here is my problem. i was raised with a strong christian upbringing and throughout my life i have chosed to keep following that path the best i can. but sometimes when i do drugs, i get so worried about whether what i am doing is a sin or not, that it makes me have really bad trips sometimes. it always makes me have "death trips" where i have to plead to God to let me live through this and he does if i promise never to do it again. this isn't acid im talking about tho. back then i did triple c's and x. for instance one time i did x and i though satan was behind me the whole night watching and laughing, but every time i turned around i couldn't see him. he was always right in the corner of my mind.....Basically, im just trying to clear my mind of guilt and trying to decide if what im doing is write or wrong. Tripping on LSD doesn't really seem like something Jesus would approve of, it almost seems like self-worship sometimes. can u guys help me out?

10. RELAYER

RELAYER mādhyamaka

Aw you poor person! lol Really, I think it's hard that you have to deal with this. I am not going to really state my full opinion on the Christian faith because it is your choice, not anyone elses. But the reality is that Jesus message is to be interpreted in a positive way.
    First of all, one of the main things people are experiening on LSD is ego loss. This means that they are becoming selfless, loving individuals who have experiened touching something greater than themselves. Personally? I see God just like you do, but I dont ask Him to make it stop, I ask Him to bring me in further. I feel that LSD can bring one closer to God, but you must realize that mainstream Christianity doesnt want this to happen, though the Christ even told us this is the point of life. LSD opens the 3rd Eye, and did not Jesus Himself say :
    Matthew 6:22, 23
    "The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light. But if thine eye be evil, thy whole body shall be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness, how great is that darkness."
    And what about this little diddy : "The temple of God is within you?"
    I personally not only see no contradiction in a Christian taking LSD, but I see it as a tool to be utilyzed to get closer to God. And is this not the purpose of Christ Consciousness?
    God bless you my friend, I hope you can sort this out and stop toturing yourself.
    Om shanti and Namaste Family -

11. 3xi

3xi Senior Member

i think jesus tripped out on mushrooms or something.

12. RELAYER

RELAYER mādhyamaka

His message definitley blends well with a magic mushroom trip!

13. neodude1212

thanks for all the replies. i'll try to see what i can come up with. i feel like it's wrong to have to use a substance to get closer to God.....but then again, what makes it wrong? i'll just have to do some thinking on my own.

14. Gratefully Dawg

Gratefully Dawg Member

I too was raised with a strong christian upbringing an i believe that if you have the faith now, your faith won't disappear after doing lsd. I've done it plenty of times and i think I'm even more aware of God's presense in my life since i first began my journey. And you also need to take in notice God's unending love. He won't abandon you because you trip. YOur trip may possibly bring you closer to him.

15. RELAYER

RELAYER mādhyamaka

But see that's the thing, you dont HAVE to use a substance to get closer to God, it's just there for you if you want to use it for that reason. People trip for any number of reasons! But think about it, would you not say that the state of the West, which is where LSD was born out of and it where it is mosy widely used, is in dire need of God-Consciousness? And how are we going to bring this about? Because face it, the church has failed. People see God as an external entity with which to be friends with, rather than following Jesus' own words and realizing that God is just as much inside of each one of us as He is externally? I think LSD came at the perfect time and from what I understand, MANY people in the 60's found God on LSD.

16. Pepopstico

Pepopstico Member

only problem I see is if you talk to your Christiam friends about LSD. bad trip, man.

17. elfin1mf

elfin1mf Member

HAHAA funny thing, my parents are christian. Some of my best friends are jewish. I have this basement where we used to do drugs all the time like constantly down there smoking weed and using every drug known to man all night. We would sit at this one table. On one end of the table was a couch which was old and no one ever sat on it. The other end was many chairs, so we would all sit on one side of the table facing the wall. Directly above the table on the wall we were always facing is a broken clock stuck on 4:20. The clock is a last supper clock. One day all of my jewish friends where over and we were sitting smoking and I noticed that we were in the same positions as the people depicted in this painting. The holy grail was my infamous rare limited edition platinum roor bong. I started pointing to the people in the painting and identifying them with my friends. Everyone agreed that this is just the way things are and one of my friends stated that marijuana is really the last supper of the people.

18. StayLoose1011

StayLoose1011 Senior Member

hahaha cool story, but I have to ask, what exactly is the "last supper of the people"?

RELAYER already covered it, really, but I agree totally that you shouldn't beat yourself up over taking drugs. If you think that it's wrong, then don't take them, but don't forget that Jesus drank wine (didn't he?) and, far more importantly, we were born to sin man. Obviously that isn't logic you want to use all the time, but you can't expect yourself to be perfect, and if taking a handful of LSD trips is the worst thing you ever do, I think you'll be all right :)

19. elfin1mf

elfin1mf Member

I think he meant that a cannabis circle is the only activity people have left that is widely accepted which allows you to be free from society and to be completely yourself and honest and have a good time with people you know without restraint. When you leave the circle you return to the twisted greedy mind games of the capitalist regime which "crucifies" good people every day. It felt like this is what he meant at least.

BTW JESUS gave us LSD so we could see like him, be like him. To quote another old friend": that is just "watitdo" Christ and LSD are synonyms, they go hand in hand. Christ wanted to open your eyes! He wanted the blind to see! imho you are part of the blind and sick masses if you dont see that lsd is akin to the teachings of christ.

20. neodude1212

relayer i know where your coming from with the church. those assholes have totally forgotten the message. but, you guys seem to have some differing opinions. some look at doing acid as a sin, while others don't. so, im still lost. i think i'll just look in my bible tonight. the answer will be made known to me.