christian nudism

Discussion in 'Christianity' started by Kaalvoet, May 24, 2011.

1. Kaalvoet

Kaalvoet Banned

You get Christian athletes,judiciary,rock and movie stars,medical people,dancers,artists and astronauts,soldiers and educators,why not nudist christians?If we are fearfully and wonderfully made,the crown of God's creation,and if our bodies are temples of God,does that not include the genitals?
    What is it about the genitals that are sinful?What makes the genitals unacceptable?Nudity is the natural state of the body,so why is it seen as unnatural?Why is nudity then seen as immoral
    ?Why cAn christians not be nudists,huh?

1 person likes this.
  2. deleted

deleted Visitor

The only thing Allah dont like about a naked man, is a naked dirty man..

Clean yourself...

stop thinking about genitals so much. Mind is also Dirty...

3. Regular Guy

Regular Guy Member

I would say read the bible and start at the Garden of Eden part. Think you will find your answer righ at the end where the Garden story ends.

Not that i agree, but that's often the reason Christians bring up when they explain why nudity and genitals are sinfull, especially around others.

4. Ddoright

Ddoright Senior Member

I think Orison is being a bit harsh - It's a legitimate question. Questions about any part of God's creation deserve a close examination to be sure that our practices and interpretations are well founded. To dismiss Kallvat as just "dirty minded" is a bit unfair - maybe true but perhaps not.

Why do we make such a big deal about that area of our bodies.

I know after they had eaten from the Tree of Knowledge, Adam and Eve realized they were naked and were ashamed and hid from God. Does that answer the question? Perhaps Adam & Eve were looking for an excuse to explain their lie to God - and all they could come up with was "we're naked" which of course did nothing for their dilemma.

Is there an explanation or is it just a natural response to a situation - like fight or flight, or fear or paternal love?

5. papa wolf

papa wolf Member

The body is the temple of GOD , so there is nothing sinful or impure about the body in its natural form of nakedness .

What's sinful is the hearts and minds of men , in their continual rebellion against GOD . Man's never ending pursuit of selfishness and lusts of all sorts of evil and wrong things INCLUDING THE FLESH .

The body is beautiful , pure and uncorrupted . Naked in its natural form. The temple of GOD , made in his own image . It's the wickedness of mans heart that corrupts that image , and perverts it into only the sexual realm . And adds to temptations and lusting for the flesh . This wasn't GOD'S intentions , this happened as a direct result of the fall of man in disobeying GOD in the garden of Eden . God had no problem with their nakedness , Adam and Eve themselves did , not GOD . They hid themselves rather their nakedness from GOD , because they were ashamed

Being nude or naked is NOT sin , being lustful of the flesh IS . So why would Christians which to be naked in large groups ? What purpose would that serve ?

6. Ukr-Cdn

Ukr-Cdn Striving towards holiness

Some very famous Saints have been essentially "nudists", but it was for other reasons (Stt St Mart of the Desert aka St Mary the Harlot).

Where it becomes an issue is the near occasion of sin. Viewiing the nude body is merely a hop skip and a jump away from lusting after the nude body. We can appreciate God's creation, but we still should not let eve our spouses body become an object--and that is what lust turns it into. The "fear of nudity" as it is implied by th OP isn't a fear of sex of a hate of the body in general, but a fence around a near occasion of sin.

7. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

well from what Ive seen in the news...it seems that nudism is alive and well in the Christianism....along with paedophilia........sodomy...buggery......etc......

8. thedope

thedope glad attention Lifetime Supporter

Yeah, christian doesn't mean martian.

The "shame of nudity" is not about moral direction but an esoteric expression of the basic unsuitability of the naked human animal to the variable weather conditions of earth. We have no fur, no feathers, no blubber.

The idea of sin corrupts every understanding we have of the world and I wish to challenge that idea.

9. Ddoright

Ddoright Senior Member

I understood the question of the OP to be - "What is it about the genitals that are sinful?What makes the genitals unacceptable?" It was apparently unacceptable to humankind immediately after the fall.

Surely, at that time, Adam & Eve had never lusted after others or had impure thoughts about other than their companion - and yet showed shame at their nakedness. Is it the proximity to elimination function of the body - or the reproductive function. Why were they ashamed? The idea of lustful thoughts makes more since in today's world.

But if I might - in some middle eastern cultures - even the female display of the legs or arms is considered sinful. In some South American and African cultures - no clothes at all is acceptable - do they feel shame because of man's sinful nature?

I think I have confused myself. Is shame brought on by nudity a cultural phenomenon? If so - why did Adam & Eve feel such.

10. bowl_of_raspberries

bowl_of_raspberries Member

They can and are:

http://www.naturist-christians.org/

http://www.oursunhome.com/christian_nudist.html

http://www.truenudists.com/group/90/

http://www.christiannc.com/

http://nakedtruthjournal.blogspot.com/

This is just the tip of the iceberg...

Bilby and Scarecrow13 like this.
  11. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

You got it the first time, doright. After they had partaken of the forbidden fruit, they covered themselves, knowing they were naked; hence, the tree of knowledge of good and evil being what we were supposed to avoid.

Why is it so far out to all y'all to just give the answer that is dadgum plainly in the bible. There are Many, MANY things that are not so plain. This is not one of them.

12. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

I consider(ed) this to be a real question, btw.

13. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

Because genitals are used for sex.

If you're not perfect and innocent (and you're not in the garden of eden, so you're fallen, like it or not) it's horrible sin for you to be naked, and you must go to any length to cover up, even using leaves.

It's what the holy book says, and you can't argue with the word of gawd.

On this note, I just made my car a jeebus fish. I guess I'll make a picture thread later.

14. def zeppelin

def zeppelin All connected

Genitals aren't sinful but it's been said there is a time and place for everything. :)

15. deleted

deleted Visitor

I think you need to read my post again..

16. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

I went back and read this passage (in context) just to refresh myself...and it dawned on me that it wasn't themselves (Adam & Eve) they were "covering up for"...it was God. Well, in the way I interpret Gen. 3:10, that is what Adam was saying...KJV: (Gen 3:10)
    "And he said, I heard thy voice in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked; and I hid myself."

I can understand being embarassed at being naked, with God seeing your junk.

17. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

God Created My Junk, Why Would I Be Embarassed At Him Seeing It...:confused:

Cheers Glen.

Scarecrow13 likes this.
  18. Fingermouse

Fingermouse Helicase

You can be a christian anything because "christian" barely means anything.

19. papa wolf

papa wolf Member

That's where you're wrong ! " Christian " means EVERYTHING , when you're a believer . Broad is the road narrow is the gate .

20. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

Oh course you are right, Glen; but, just being human and all, I'm sure if I was actually able to think at the same time I was knowingly around God, I know I'd want some clothes on...as long as I was in human form.

If I was naked, I would want to do that lying on the floor prostrate thing, with one hand (cleverly and hopefully) covering my butt crack.