Christian Mysticism

Discussion in 'Metaphysics and Mysticism' started by FinnishButterfly, Mar 20, 2008.

1. FinnishButterfly

FinnishButterfly JennyJelly

Are there any here? I'm looking for friends. :)

2. XBloodyNailPolishX

XBloodyNailPolishX Forgetful Philosopher

sounds interesting... explain it a little bit please?

3. FinnishButterfly

FinnishButterfly JennyJelly

I'm just looking for friends who are into Christian mysticism because it's hard going on a physical spiritual journey alooonnne.... lol... It's easier when there's people around you who are going through the same thing..

4. Alan McDougall

Alan McDougall Member

5. Nikalaus

Nikalaus Member

Ya i consider myself a heretic catholic right now cause there is alot more then meets the eye and the Jesus fellow is in my opinion completly misunderstood... :)

6. Nikalaus

Nikalaus Member

What do you consider a "mystic" though?

7. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

A mystic, broadly speaking, is one who knows God, rather than just 'believing' or having faith.

Many Catholic mystics from the past are well worth looking at - Miester Eckhart, St. Theresa of Avila, St. John of the Cross etc.

8. infinitethoughts

infinitethoughts Member

Well you're def. cute.

Well the first step is to drop the "christian" before mysticism. It's an oxymoron. Like tryin to mix Oil and water. They don't go together.

Why?
    The fundamental basis of X-tianity is somthing "greater" then you. Follow this formula.

If all you are is Awareness, then how can anything be outside your Awareness?
    [​IMG]

9. shaman sun

shaman sun Member

Well I guess I've had some experiences... I try not to label it one thing or another, but maybe if you described it...

10. noachianite

noachianite Member

I a Christian Mystic, to some extent haha....... well I just am really. I am a member of the Christian Universalist Association and am staunch Panentheist! I take on Christian and Biblical doctrine of Christ giving salvation through savrifice...but like most Christian Mysticists ... well the forum said it lol, theres more than meets the eye. I suppose we can confer beliefs some other hour.