Choosing a Growlight! (Pre LED)

Discussion in 'Cannabis Grow Rooms and Greenhouses' started by Naturalhi, Mar 5, 2008.

1. klondike_bar

klondike_bar Senior Member

the plant has two cycles/stages: vegetative growth and flowering.

during vegetative, the plant will grow large amounts of foliage, branch, and once they are 3-4 weeks old, will show preflowers.

during flowering, the plant will reduce its growth, and the change is size will be primarily caused by stretching more then new growth. the preflowers will multiply, and in the case of females, the single set of pistils at each node will turn to 5, then 10, then 15, etc pairs of pistils, making up what will become the buds.

usually, plants will double or triple thier size during flowering, so it is common for the flowering cycle to be started when the plant is between 1-2 feet tall, creating a final result that is 3-6 feet in size

2. MadEyeMoody

MadEyeMoody Member

understood thanks a lot it cleared a lot of issues

3. WestronCann

WestronCann Member

Hello to all,

I wanted to bring to the forum group some info, which a lot may find very interesting. About 30 years ago, the company I work for (Westron), developed a product called the “Wonderlite”. This light was extremely successful in growing and blooming hard to grow plants, and it worked fantastic indoors. Over that 30 year span, my company now has a customer base, literally around the world. Florists and hobby herpetologists alike use these lamps for everything from orchids to storefront displays where there is no sunlight.

Needless to say, with the efforts of the medical marijuana community becoming ever so evident through the media, I decided that my company would step out, and offer something to help out. With the costs associated with growing, along with the time spent by so many individuals within forum groups to help growers be successful, we as a company decided to do the same.

We wondered why no one in the marijuana community had experimented with our lights (considering we have seen some real resourceful thinkers who’ve tested many ideas, but oddly not our lamps)? After nearly two years of self-educating, we learned why. The common miss-belief was/is that mercury vapor lighting does not output the correct light for growing. That was true with common mercury vapor lamps, but the “Wonderlite” lamp was specifically engineered for growing. I will not bore you with the engineering behind that, but the “Wonderlite” has been tested, and the color render on the “Wonderite” is balanced specifically for plant growth. We want you to be successful, or we will not have helped, so we have guaranteed the light to work.

We know how complicated many currently ‘popular’ products are, with hoods and reflectors, external ballasts, lots of wiring, high wattage is some cases, and even the need for different lighting during different growth stages. The “Wonderlight” is simple, plug it into any medium socket, and it works, nothing else is needed. We are certain that it will give great results for growers. We took the risk out of trying these lights, as we are guaranteeing you will see excellent growth in the early stages (45 days) of any new plants. Honestly, we have never marketed this way before. There is a downloadable PDF file with all the details is on our wesite, at http://www.westronlighting.com/wclwonderlite2010.pdf . With A life expectancy of over a year, the “Wonderlite” is a great growing solution.

So, if you want to try our “Wonderlite” risk free, contact us through our website, where we have just launched the new dedicated “Wonderlite”. If you need any information, please feel free to contact us, through our website http://www.westronlighting.com/wonderlite.htm or through this forum.

Wishing you health

WestronCann

4. Naturalhi

Naturalhi Great hairy ape

After checking the specs of yer light, I gather that one bulb only penetrates 2'-3' into the canopy and covers a 4'-9' square. Since cannabis can grow to 6'-7' in an average room might be why we haven't tried it. Also 160- 200 W multiplied by enogh bulbs to grow an average crop might overload most house circuits, just some thoughts from a hairy old primate:>)

5. weed man 2011

weed man 2011 Guest

i am new to growin and would lke to now the easy way to do it by hydroponics and what food and nitrates to get my set up is enough for 10 plants in a tent indoors and if u could give me any more advice it would a very big help such as stuff i deffanetly nee to grow my crop and anything elese i need to now many thanks:afro:

6. Naturalhi

Yer askin' me to write a book in thread space... but the short answer is Fox farm for the food/nutes, coco chips for medium. But I'd say soil is the beginners medium, and if you'd put this in the parent thread where others could help too... also Ed Rosenthal has a good book for mj growing.

7. Naturalhi

8. chrisfeng

chrisfeng Members

HPS and LED have some difference for plant marijuana
    in my experence. :daisy:

9. Naturalhi

I haven't had much experience with LED's, so if you'd like to contribute to this thread, to round it out we'd appreciate it:>)

10. ~Zen~

~Zen~ Ancient Mariner Administrator

WoW Times have changed!!!

LEDs rock and probably rule nowadays.

I know of vast greenhouses supplemented with LED technology, and solar powered. It's the only way around today's energy crisis.