chill'n with my indian friend

Discussion in 'Louisiana' started by Steve_Dave, Aug 11, 2012.

1. Steve_Dave

Steve_Dave Member

so i cant exactly explain tha' ambiance,other than very friendly. Im hanging with my boy talking about how louisiana's different n' that we have our own subculture. He holds up his louisiana stamp tatoo (in stylized cursive)on his forarm n' says:"I like it". Tha' mushrooms r' starting to take effect n' I ask him about a picture he has hanging on his wall. There are four indian chiefs sitting in front of the four presidential bust in south decota. so I ask him to tell me about the four chiefs. he said the first chief is sitting bull;the second is red cloud the third is jeronimo the fourth is chief joseph. the first face looked like a typical ghost faced indian sort of pacific north west ,the second kind of looking like he's from the plains, the third one looked like he wanted to kill you ,and the fourth one had soe kind on humorus look on his face kind'a like he was a gentle soul. As I look into the picture I catch a kalidoskope contrast with the mat and the wallpaper,wich turned into sort of "dias los muerto" type of art. strange though.....usualy an auric glow with emotional feelings ,but not kalidescopes. He had a crazed look in his eye;the kind of crazed look I've only seen with my other friend,(who just happens to be scottish)

2. Justin_Hale

Justin_Hale ( •_•)⌐■-■ ...(⌐■_■)

A 61 year old man I work with (I'm not sure from which Nation) said that his people are "forgetting their ways".

And "Medicine Men are very few these days."

Then as I look to my right, I see a young Native man with his face glued to a smart phone, texting someone.

I hope their culture will remain intact.

3. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Couldn't +rep you for that, Justin. Gotta spread it around first...

We are losing something great as the old ways die...