Children of rape...

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by mynameiskc, Jun 7, 2006.

1. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

you know, when you think about it, there are incredibly good odds that somewhere in your family history, in your own personal dna, is a child of rape. i was thinking about this because i'm glad i'm here. i'm an okay person. i make me laugh. my kids are wonderful and healthy and happy. but not too far in my past is a man born from the forced rape by a white man of my native grandmother. i was thinking about how hard that would be for the child, especially if he chose to further distance himself from his family by marrying a white person. that's gotta be tough, for the mother AND for the child. but i'm sure as hell glad my grandfather was born, and i think to myself, how bizarre to be grateful for such a heinous act against another human being.

2. Nalencer

Nalencer Dig Yourself

What a wonderful world...

3. Xac

Xac Visitor

You can be thankful he was born but disapointed the way it came about, all though i suppose that is hard to do because he wouldnt have been born otherwise, i still say praise the man just not the way he was born.

It must be hard being a child of rape, i do know one guy.... i dont like him though, he sexually assualted one of my friends... i wanted to kill him.

4. 121

121 Senior Member

Wow, this thread is officially depressing...

5. Green

Green Iconoclastic

I've never met one of my grandfathers but I think hes still alive. He ran away from my grandmother when he found out she was pregnant at the age of 17 (she was like 29 though). I never met her either.

The point of this story is this: Don't smoke and eat a bunch of fatty foods or you get diabetes and die in your 50s and never meet your grandkids.

6. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

I thank my great grandfather for running off the man who got my grandmother pregnant. this was the late 30s, and my grandmother got pregnant, her father ran the guy out of town, so my grandmother moved to california to live with her brother, and she ended up meeting my grandfather...... but she did have a child out of wedlock, my uncle. but if all of that didnt happen that way, my father would not have been born. and I wouldnt be here. so mega props to my great grandfather for running that guy out of town.

7. KozmicBlue

KozmicBlue Senior Member

My grandmother got pregnant after a German soldier raped her during the Continuation war in Finland (1944), and that's how my father was conceived..

8. Zoomie

Zoomie My mom is dead, ok?

No. It takes a brave, strong, secure person to discuss such matters.

KC in case I havent't told you lately, and I probably never have, I love you. This is close to home and I'd never considered how common this is. You make me feel better about myself. Thanks.

9. DancerAnnie

DancerAnnie Resident Beach Bum

My brother is/was a product of rape :(

10. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

i have a sister (that my mother's family forced her to give up when she was a teen, she never ever forgave them) who was also a child of rape. and it's so strange, i love her. never met her once. but i love her. it's just the thought that out of the most horrific circumstances, something beautiful CAN arise. there are so many children who were born of terrible circumstances. there's so much beauty sitting side by side, cheek by jowl, with ugliness. it's an amazing thing. i can only hope that if my great grandmother is looking down upon me and my brothers, she can find some peace that was denied her in life. but sometimes the rage at the bad denies you the joy of the good.

and thanks, zoomie. i appreciate it. i occaisionally have the profound thought, it's nice to know there's others it touches.

xac, it took a couple generations for the anger (which somehow finds a way to move down through the generations) to dissipate. my grandfather, my father, well, i think it impacted them more than they knew. very angry, very nearly crazy people. but i've learned from them, from my mother as well, and from my sis. i was terrified of men until i was about 21-22 years old. and it was then i realized that the rage was eating me up, making me mean. i took a whole gender and took it out on all of them because a few of them groped me. hell, i was pretty and busty. SOME people consider that prime for breeding, if they're sick. but now i know, people are just people. some are messed up, some are wonderful. and beautiful things don't just grow from perfect little seeds, there's a bit of shit and dead stuff on top of them, too.