Childhood Hobbies

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Posthumous, Mar 17, 2008.

1. Posthumous

Posthumous Resident Smartass

What sorta ghey hobbies did you have as a kid?

I collected star wars cards. Still have a big box of them somewhere. I also enjoyed torturing my older sister.

2. Boogabaah

Boogabaah I am not here

had a big board of stickers.. and collected garbage pail kid cards

i spent a lot of time outside making mud pies for "bad guys"

3. mitten_kitten

mitten_kitten daisymae

Those Star wars cards are worth a lot by now I bet.

I didn't collect anything. I liked to make things and my sister alway made fun of that fact...she called me "Make & Do" after a craft book we had. That didn't stop me, though, it just made me hate her :D

4. pink floyd

pink floyd carousing&ransacking

i liked to play outside and build little houses out of moss and sticks.

i collected rocks and minerals.. and rubber stamps (not mailing stamps)... i played soccer..

5. myself

myself just me

I collected stickers and I had albums with Sailor Moon, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, the Lion King and many many more.
    And I used to enjoy drawing and painting, when I grew up I became too self-conscious and self-critical to continue.

6. Posthumous

You collected rubber stamps? That's so weird it's cool. :D

7. mitten_kitten

mitten_kitten daisymae

Oh yeah, I did collect stickers for awhile, I forgot.

We also went through a "friendship pins" fad...

8. Posthumous

I liked to burn stuff.

Haha j/k

9. Cate8

Cate8 Senior Member

I liked stickers and sticker books, collecting marbles, pogs, barbies, polly pockets, I liked to read about ghost stories and true hauntings, vampires and all that horror stuff. I like to play in the woods by my house all day. Go biking and try to get lost in town. Spice girl picture collecting. Sleepovers. Going to 'Wheelies' the rollerskating rink by my house. Watching the "TGIF" lineup of shows on tv on friday nights. Trying to get to the middle of the jawbreaker.

10. mitten_kitten

mitten_kitten daisymae

"That's where I saw the leprechaun. He told me to burn things."
    [​IMG]

11. pink floyd

pink floyd carousing&ransacking

hahaha...is that weird?? :/

i used to make them, too.. i woudl make stamps that were animal tracks by cutting out foam-type rubber and gluing it to a wood block. yes, i was a fucking dork. :D

12. Bonkai

Bonkai Later guys

I really loved to run around as a kid, play flag football, red light green light (anyone remember that?), bike riding, play with insects and lizards, FISHING man i loved fishing, go on field trips, and of course hide and seek. I also liked to go and have little adventures with my cousin and brother when we were at my grannys house in Lafalt,LA.

13. lode

lode Banned

I dunno if I had many hobbies. I was more the play outside, skateboarding, see freinds build forts, run away, go on adventures type.

I did learn a few magic tricks.

14. Posthumous

lol I was thinking of business stamps that said "invoice" or "paid in full".

15. Aristartle

Aristartle Snow Falling on Cedars Lifetime Supporter

I collected rocks, postcards, business cards, stickers, marbles, and pogs. I still collect postcards and business cards and a few stickers.

I went around putting hair wraps in all the neighbourhood and school girls' hair and I charged $1 for each wrap. I also made bracelets, and had a craft workshop with my girlfriends. We had craft fairs and sold a bunch of stuff to raise money for the church as well as at my school.

I sang in the choir at school and was one of the first female altar servers at my church.

I volunteered to lead horse trails, to feed and attend to horses at a ranch near my house. I was in Girl Guides and did a bunch of camping and took on a whole slew of hobbies required to earn my badges.

I started this neighbourhood club where we would hold candy tosses and obstacle course type games for the younger kids. I also organized an "Are You Afraid of the Dark" type group where we met at my house every Friday to have a campfire in my backyard to tell scary stories to each other and eat junk food.

I went to acting, drama camps and workshops and practiced what I learned with the friends that I had.

On top of it all, I played 13 years total of soccer, 9 years of hockey, 2 years of volleyball, 5 years of running track, and 4 years of competitive badminton, 7 years of piano lessons.

Yeah, I am always juggling my many hobbies and talents. It keeps life fun and it's worth it to do everything you can in your childhood.

16. Posthumous

Our roller rink was called Roller World and it was within walking distance of my house. I liked to do the hokey pokey. :D I was also big into skateboarding, we had several halfpipes in the neighborhood. We played churchyard football 3 or 4 times a week, tackle only, touch football is for pussies.

17. Cate8

Cate8 Senior Member

Oh, and I used to shove snow into the mailbox. HAHAHA. :tongue:

18. Hyphy

Hyphy Duke of Earl

I played hide and go get it. Seriously, alot of my friends played it in the 5th.

19. lode

lode Banned

By the time I was 12 I was dealing smokes.

20. zilla939

zilla939 Thought Police Lifetime Supporter

this reminds me of an article i read on carl jung. he had some weird compulsive habits as a child that influenced him to research extensively the collective unconscious.

i played make-believe and dress up, wrote stories, climbed trees, went hiking, made jewelry, painted, rode horses, sang my heart out, danced, played soccer... then i discovered drugs.
    then i discovered mushrooms and started all over again.