Chick-Fil-A sucks!

Discussion in 'Activism' started by Karen_J, Aug 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Hear! Hear! :groupwave:

2. saltlight

saltlight Guest

He wants his employees to have Sundays to go to Church (if they so choose) or spend time with their family. Yes he is a family man (I know family is the bad F word now).

I will say one thing that you might want to consider. If he is wrong (about faith and religion) he wasted some time and money (donating etc.) but if your wrong then you will pay for eternity.

He never said he was Anti Gay, just opposed Gary marriage. Marriage by design (God or Nature depending on your belief) is for the union of two people to have children (create them). Everyone wants the Cake Icecream and fudge brownies nowadays no matter what is right or wrong.

Maybe you dont agree, just my opinion on the matter.

3. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

too bad their families are busy working on sunday like everyone else.

4. DroopySnoopy

DroopySnoopy The ORIGINAL Dr. Droop

I agree with Karen J. This whole thing is ridiculous. And to whoever mentioned the way Americans swooped in to support the company while there are so many more pressing issues in the world today, amen to that. Yes, Cathy has a right to say what he wants, and so do all of us that disagree. But I gotta ask, how can he have a chance to spew his (bigoted) beliefs publicly, but when we want to voice our opinion, we are told to get over it?

What he is doing is bad business, and he is ironically claiming religion as the reason for all his comments, and yet, his very comments and actions are totally against what God would want according to the bible. He is judging those who are different from him, and that is not his place to do so. Sure, free speech allows him the platform, but it could also provide the noose that kills his business. He should think about that. Regardless, I would be unable to sleep at night if I were in his shoes.

5. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Like I said, Truett Cathy saw a business opportunity to wrangle a section of society here in the Bible Belt, and he seized it.

Now, that's starting to look like gambling.

6. GoofyGooberz

GoofyGooberz Just Bitchy!!!!!!!!

Are you kidding Family is not a bad word now and everybody needs to realize that everybody comes from a different "family"!!!

Whether you come from a religious,Jewish,black,Italian,gay,adoptive, they are all families, and Marriage is a commitment by 2 people who love each other God has nothing to do with my love. And your argument about being able to have children, what about all the children who do not have homes in the foster system, orphanages waiting for somebody to love them?

Where is their family or God?

And I highly doubt I'll be pay for it in eternity, because if there is a god I really think he has a sick sense of humor to let people suffer like they do and turn a blind eye to all the suffering....... like his own disciples who lead churches and have followers trusting them devoting to them, only to hurt the son's or daughters of those followers.......

I could go on here but won't as you get my point of view.

7. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Cos you are too sore the next day? There are ointments for that

As for this thread, theres a joke about this guy being the head of a company that charges for tasty deep fried cocks in there somewhere

Orrrrr, most of the time two people settle with the only other person thats going to put up with, then marry and start a family cos they dont know what else to do, and thats what most everyone else does.

8. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

When you respond to troll posts, it just encourages them. :rolleyes:

Meanwhile, yesterday saw the first incident of vandalism at a Chick-Fil-A location; graffiti ("Tastes Like Hate") spray-painted on a building in California. And so it begins. :(

Controversy at this level will give landlords more incentive not to rent space to the chain. Chick-Fil-A has already been kicked out of quite a few shopping malls because of their policy of not operating on Sundays. They used to be located primarily inside malls, but most mall owners now spell out in their leases that all the stores have to be open every day that the mall is open.

Better, more positive examples of how to separate work and personal life:

The Marriott hotel chain is controlled by a conservative, devout Mormon family, and Steve Jobs (Apple Computer) was a devout Buddhist. Most people don't know this, because they have never done anything to offend customers who are not like them. They 'get' diversity.

It's important to find out as much as you can about a company's political policies before accepting a job, because you have so few rights as an employee. In 42 US states, your employer can require you to spend time and money supporting political causes that you disagree with! :eek:

http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2012-08-03/where-free-speech-goes-to-die-the-workplace#r=read

9. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

It was on the news here too. Ridicilous issue. I would not ban this restaurant for the opinion of the owner. Yes, the support is hilarious too. How this drama is pumped up by both media, protesters and supporters can only happen in America :D

10. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

On a side note, was just reading in the news today, looks like Tasmania is going to be the first Australian state to allow gay marriage, oh the irony

11. desert-rat

desert-rat Senior Member

I believe the c.e.o of chic -fil -a said he was not for gay marrage , I dont think he said how he felt about gays . If any one hear still does not know chick-fil-a is a fast food chicken resturant chain . And it is good chicken . I had a 4 chicken strip meal yesterday with an iced tea . I am a streght guy and dont care much either way . desert rat

12. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

lol

This post totally made this thread awesome.

13. desert-rat

desert-rat Senior Member

There are two points that I am making . 1 The c.e.o. of chick-fil-a does not like gay marrage , thats his rite to feel as he wishes . Should any one else get upset because he feels that way ? 2 They make good chicken . I eat there along with many other places . desert rat

14. saltlight

saltlight Guest

I actually get your points, I am not saying a single mom with two children isnt a family etc. and I am not the one to say two people of the same sex who adobt a child are not a family and foster families are all just as important IMO. :love:

There are many bad examples in this world and in the Churches. I believe in Heaven and Hell and Sin, right from wrong etc. but I will not Judge and point fingers because I am NOT perfect and would only be accusing myself. I do think it is important to look out for others who may unknowingly be walking off a spiritual cliff.

Don't let anyone Judge or accuse you, only one can do that He can because He is the Truth and the Light! The good news is he does not hate anyone he only hates the Sin and He gave it all so we could be found guiltless! Please accept my Apologies for any Bigoted Hateful Self Righteous person that has causes pain in this world. There are fakes, fools and corrupt imposters!

:sunny:

15. dark suger

dark suger Dripping With Sin!

I don't eat fast food but if I did I wouldn't eat there how dare they. Their job is to provide people with food not take up a cause especially such a rude and ignorant one.

16. MellowDonna

MellowDonna Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I'm married with a daughter, but I have nothing against gay men or women. I like Chick-Fil-A. Whatever happened to the days of buying food without making a political statement? I don't care for the comments made by the CEO of Chick-Fil-A, but I doubt I'll quit going there occasionally. I prefer to think of them as separate entities - a narrow-minded moron running one of the few fast food companies I like. Maybe that says something about the poor choices of fast food more than anything. :confused:

17. GardenGuy

GardenGuy Senior Member

Seems to me that every few years there is some company that does "x" that lots of people don't like. If it really annoys you, you have to decide for yourself the most effective way of telling that company that you and large numbers of people disagree with that policy.

If the company is publicly traded, stockholders who want to see change can demand it. That would work if enough people got involved.

Someone with a different point of view could rise to board level in the company and persuade the other board members to stick to chicken and quit commenting about other stuff.

Customers or potential customers could either have a "gay dollars day" to show how much of the store's revenue comes from the gay community. Or they could boycott the restaurant on a specific day. Seems like either approach might work.

Did Cathey come out and say he opposes gay marriage?
    Is opposition to changing marriage laws the same as hate of gays?
    I don't think we need to change the definition of marriage, but if two people want to share a house and a bank account, establish visitation rights at a hospital, stuff like that, then sure, make that legal and easy for anyone who wants to do that.

I heard an audio in which he says that kids need both parents in their lives for the best chance of growing up with role models of both genders, but he did concede that families without a man or without a woman could find role models of that gender from outside the nuclear family. Is this the quote that led to the accusation that Cathey hates gays?
    If so, it is irresponsible to claim hate based on that one comment alone. Perhaps there's some other quote that I don't know of.

But this guy just fries chicken for a living. Why should we take his advise about how to raise kids?

I do not like the conservative charities he donates to. Some of them are anti-nudist, but I have not decided to stop eating chicken sandwiches because of these donations. I am willing to listen to what others have to say about all this. Do you boycott every company every time you disagree with them?

18. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

Yes, more than once.

He also strongly implied that he would not promote someone into upper management who got divorced and remarried (straight). That policy is illegal. You can't run a company like a religious organization. They're not the same thing.

I would have to say yes. My position on this has changed over the years, as I've learned more about the situation. As a (mostly) straight woman, I didn't see the whole picture right away.

While a change in the law would benefit gay couples greatly, it costs straight people nothing, so there is no legitimate reason for us to oppose it.

When someone wants to make others miserable while gaining no benefit for themselves or one's family, that's just being an asshole.

19. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I think it is not the same.

20. BuckStacyBuck

BuckStacyBuck Member

Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.