Chesapeake!

Discussion in 'Virginia' started by pachamamadivine, Jun 12, 2012.

1. pachamamadivine

pachamamadivine Guest

Moving all the way from Jersey this Saturday to Chesapeake and won't know anyone, so if anyone's down for showing me around and just chilling out....?

Show me that this move to VA won't be one I regret haha.

2. MochaMood

MochaMood Member

Are you still in Chesapeake? I just moved. Gonna be too busy to chill until I get my family settled, but I'd love something to look forward to. I'm originally from the Bronx, just over the bridge from Jersey. I've lived in Boston and Miami since then. Why'd you move? Are you glad?

3. RubySoho6

RubySoho6 Organized Chaos

Why anybody would move out of Boston is beyond me. That is my dream location. My favorite place in the US. Speaking of Chesapeake, no way I could live there because of those tunnels. I have a panic attack every time i drive under the bay. In the other hand it's so close to the outer banks....

4. MochaMood

MochaMood Member

I had a very hard time making friends in Boston, and my boss played mind-games, lied to me all the time, and traumatized me so badly it was two years before I could even consider taking another job. Bostonians threaten violence at times if you root for NY, even when there is no game, but they are the first to turn on their teams if they lose. Man, fuck Boston as a place to live. I could have sworn I wrote this around the time you replied to me. Sorry for the delay, RubySoHo. If you move to Boston, I hope it is everything you dream of. I found it incredibly disappointing.

5. jthebear

jthebear Member

Hey now! Moving to the Tidewater Area, you will find there are a lot of conservatives, Bible Belt, heat and humidity.
    On the bright side, in Norfolk there is the NORVA, one of the best places to see a concert, and the Naro, a great movie theater that still shows the Rocky Horror Picture Show. The beaches are not far away either.
    If you do Facebook there are decent posts on Bring Progressive Talk Radio to Hampton Roads if you want say hello, I am Jerry Tenney.
    Good luck and peace.