Chemical Extraction of Morphine Sulphate from MS-Contin

Discussion in 'Drug Chemistry' started by HongKingHogg, Aug 7, 2019.

1. HongKingHogg

HongKingHogg Members

Greetings,

Does anyone know the best way (step by step) how to chemically extract Morphine Sulphate from ABG MS-Contin 100mg Tablets? Would it require an a/b extraction? Or would suspending it in acetone and then filtering work, or would the goop screw it up?

I also am wondering if Morphine Sulphate can be directly acetylated with Acetic Anhydride to yield Diamorphine? Or does it have to be converted back to a base before acetylating it? And would the final product be Diamorphine Acetate?

I’ve looked around and haven’t found any good information... i could have sworn i saw a lot of threads about this subject in various places on the internet a few years ago, but it almost seems like they’ve all disappeared or have been excluded from search results.

Thank you to anyone that has some solid input to add! (If this is in the wrong thread I apologize in advance!)

2. deleted

deleted Visitor

Ms cotton is oxycodone.. a water extraction will yield oxycodone.

3. HongKingHogg

HongKingHogg Members

MS-Contin is Morphine Sulphate Continuous Release (brand is ABG, strength is 100mg) water extraction is messy and takes for ever to evaporate and the goop makes it hard to filter... Have you ever messed with this particular brand or tried to chemically extract pills that have gel/goop in them? I am thinking maybe acetone would rip goop out or dissolve it perhaps?

4. deleted

deleted Visitor

Pure acetone. Ok. But why not just consume as is..

5. HongKingHogg

HongKingHogg Members

The second part of the post explains that i’m wanting to also know if it is possible to acetylate the, now pure, morphine sulphate with Acetic Anhydride or do i have to turn the Morphine Sulphate back to Morphine Freebase before i acetylate with Acetic Anhydride to yield Diamorphine/heroin

6. HongKingHogg

HongKingHogg Members