Check This New Punk Festival Out........

Discussion in 'Punk' started by paulbrydon, Jun 30, 2006.

1. paulbrydon

paulbrydon Member

Firstly, a big hello to everyone on the site as this is my first posting!

Secondly, I’ve just heard on the radio recently about the festival that’s happening in August (Sat 5th & Sun 6th) bank holiday weekend and thought it was something I should spread the word about!

I don’t know how many of you are aware of it or not, as I hadn’t heard anything about it but it sounds like an amazing gig! Its being held at Newcastle Racecourse and they have got the Stranglers, Stiff Little Fingers, the Buzzcocks, Biffy Clyro, Ginger and the Sonic Circus, Cooper Temple Clause, the Exploited AND Therapy? among others in the line up (although these are the ones that did it for me)!

They also have a stage dedicated to new and unsigned bands, which has Glen Matlock and the Philistines, We Start Fires, The Research, Hungover Stuntmen, Imperial Vipers, Crosbi and El Bistro to name but a few, most of whom I’ve either seen or heard about and all sound great!

I nearly fell off my chair when I heard about it, I’ve done some hunting about and got on the web site www.gosforthgathering.com and the Saturday is the better of the two days but both days seem worth checking out!

The prices are pretty good also; its £29.50 plus booking fee for either day or you can get a weekend ticket for £55.00 plus booking fee!

I thought I would let you all know as it sounds like too good an opportunity to miss!

Here’s to a top weekend, bring it on!!

2. stoney

stoney Member

yeah to bad its canceld

3. Soberbeah

Soberbeah Member

Stiff Little Fingers rock the shit