Cheap Travel

Discussion in 'Amsterdam' started by PlasticFace, Jun 2, 2004.

1. PlasticFace

PlasticFace Member

I was just wondering if anybody knows of any good ways to travel around Holland. The cheaper the better. Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated. Peace.

2. PeRrY

PeRrY Member

A bike, I've herd they have them all over holland, and theyre kind of a "public" thing where you hop on a bike and ride it to where you want, then leave it there. Kind of on the honor system

3. velvet

velvet Banned

hehehehe.. the last suggestion would be called 'stealing' :) Unless it is something that I haven't heard of.. I think you're referring to the 'witte fietsen plan' (the white bike plan) of the Sixties.. an initiative of the Provo's in Amsterdam. They wanted to paint bikes white and those bikes everyone could use.

Well.. you could hitchhike, though I don't think that's a common thing to do here, so you may have trouble finding a ride. Depending on where you have to go, the trainsystem is not cheap, but very good. Same goes for busses, although they are somewhat cheaper. Forget about getting taxi/cab.. that's enormously expensive here.

4. PeRrY

PeRrY Member

Yeah, i think they used to do that in holland, but prolly not these days.