Cheap Ethyl Alcohol

Discussion in 'Potent Potables' started by RealitaT, Apr 10, 2007.

1. RealitaT

RealitaT Member

OK i was in class and sucking on a breath mint, and i decided to check out what was in these bad boys... Sugar Alcohols was one of the things under the nutrition label! I've noticed this before on gum packages but figured it was useless because... well it was gum and would have to chew many a piece of gum to get a desireable effect. I noticed that I was less shy and more sociable than usual as I am a new student in my school, I continued to eat them and when i got up to get the assignment my balance was slightly off and i could feel a warm numb in my body. Alas I could ingest alcohol in school legally! When i finished my assignment I glanced at the clock and it was lightly blurred, yet another effect of alcohol. The mints in question were Excel brand.
    Are there any feasable alcohol extraction methods to be done here? any other experiences like this?

P.S. the alcohol levels were 2g per 3pieces... any info on the amount to be intoxicated?

2. Hemisphere

Hemisphere Member

Well, a shot is about 45 grams, so about 18-20 grams of alcohol.

So you'd need to eat about 30 pieces of gum to get the equivalent of a single shot.

3. CaptainDave

CaptainDave Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

To become intoxicated from alcohol you need to absorb it at a faster rate than what your body can remove it. On average your body can remove alcohol at a rate of one unit per hour; a unit is 8g or 10ml of pure alcohol.

I could be wrong, but I don't think chewing gum would be very effective at extracting the alcohol though.

4. dudenamedrob

dudenamedrob peace lily

this can't be serious..........chewing gum to get drunk?? and why would you want to "extract" alcohol from gum, thats tedious and laborious as opposed to drinking some out of a bottle....

5. AfricaUnite

AfricaUnite Member

Learn how to distill, you will have all the alcohol you want.

6. RealitaT

RealitaT Member

rofl look at my age man! i aint legal! oh yeah what about sublingual... under the tongue high absorption rate due to the massive amount of cappilaries? this is what the technique i was using and once one dissolved popped another. By the I'm talking about MINTS not gum ^_^

7. Daedalus

Daedalus Member

Cmon now. There has got to be a homless guy nearby that will buy you a bottle of mad dog if you get him one . . . .

8. thelonedude0089

thelonedude0089 Member

find an extraction method.. buy tons of them.. it cant be hard, ive read on how to extract DXM out of cough drops and thats a much harder thing to do then filter alcohol out of something.. just melt all of the mints in boiling water, make them dissolve, then cool the water, then filter it. you will have alcoholic water.. basically your own personal spirit :D use alot of pills to little bit of water ratio and get a strong alcohol

9. Daedalus

Daedalus Member

Um . . . no.

10. otb01

otb01 Member

I don't know how to say this in any other way but you're an idiot and that was the placebo effect. Sugar alcohols are things such as xylitol which are chemically related to sugar and thus still sweet but not as harsh on your stomach and teeth in the ways of fat and decay respectively. Xylitol, etc DO NOT GET YOU DRUNK. You got too far into it and experienced the placebo effect.

Read this up:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sugar_alcohol

An alcohol is not necessarily intoxicating like ethyl alcohol is. An alcohol is any "CxHx" with a hydroxyl group (-OH) bonded to it. Not a get-you-drunk alcohol.

11. otb01

otb01 Member

And by the way, even if there was ethyl alcohol in gum, it wouldn't be cheap. At that point, buying a bottle of everclear would be cheaper than distilling that much from gum just at the price of the gum, forget the still, etc.

By the way, I made a post on the previous page so whoever posted this be sure to read that one because it's more important.

12. RealitaT

RealitaT Member

aww man you crushed my off topic random pot induced idea, your'e a bastard!
    lol ^_^

13. otb01

otb01 Member

but do you understand that you pretty much might have just made up that story because there is no ethyl alcohol in gum?

14. fryingsquirrel

fryingsquirrel Member

Beat me to it. Though it might be kinder to allow him the delusion gum was getting him drunk. Oh, but that I should should want so little...

15. otb01

otb01 Member

I would but I don't really like ignorance. It annoys me that most people that see the word "alcohol" in anything think that it will get you drunk.... Ingenious.

16. texasmade3

texasmade3 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Quit wasting your time on getting that from gum lmao...

Go get some real alocohol and drink away!! I know you can get some, its not that hard to get it. If you cant get friends to get it, play hey mister. IT will eventually work. Just get a big bottle of liquer. that will save you from buying a million packets of gum that will be nothing like alcohol anyways.. lol