Cellular Automata

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Dave_techie, Jan 18, 2009.

1. Dave_techie

Dave_techie I call Sheniangans

there is CERTAINLY an algorithm attached to the way I browse the internet.

I would love to see it expressed in a cellular automata with a moores neighborhood of 26 (cubes)

2. Face Eater

Face Eater Banned

can you explain it or post a link for non-techies?

3. Dave_techie

Dave_techie I call Sheniangans

the way I browse can definitely be described mathematically, for instance hipforums (condition A lets call it) I open new window for each of the threads, close the one with random thoughts, or politics, or the box proper displayed in it, and then go through each of the thread windows, as I finish with them, I close them, until I get to the last one, return to RT proper, and then repeat the process.

under certain circumstances

(condition B) I will open TONS of windows, with all kinds of stuff, and, not always read all of it, but, bookmark it all on the bar at the top of firefox, in my "sort later" folder when I have exhausted posts in RT, I will return to that, sort it, and branch out from that

wikipedia (condition C) and other reference websites (C-1) have a different algorithm attached to them.

now, suppose we were to take this algorithm, turn each deviation (closed window, opened window) into a "turn" or "step" now, we progress those steps in a three dimensional field at a very high rate

using those conditions certain states in this larger three dimensional grid will interact with each other differently.

and you'd have a turing machine that was capable of demonstrating my browsing habits (probably anyones with altered algorithms) with a certain degree of accuracy.